Mobile tool box.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
^^ I think this is correct, with modern cars.

The only vehicle worth keeping tools in is our 1996 landrover Defender, which has zero electrcs, and can be fixed mostly with a hammer, a leatherman, two spanners, cable ties and some WD40.

The best cure is prevention, a car shouldn't be breaking down, if essential maintenance has been carried out and the vehicle is in good condition.
Ah yes....
If it moves and shouldn't use a zip tie
If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and hammer.

;)

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Question: Do you have a mobile tool box that you either keep in your car/van or one that you can grab and go if you need to fix something/help somebody while out and about? What do you keep in it?

I quite like the look of this. I would have room for some sockets / spanners and a breaker bar would fit in the bottom drawer along with a few bigger items such as impact etc..

Something like this could sit in the workshop, on the matching trolley unit. Then, if I need to go somewhere to help somebody or a track day I can just stock it up with what I think I need... having most of the common stuff live there anyway.

P.S. I know that no matter what I put in it and what I select when going out, there will be something in the workshop that I need! That's murphys law.

I have a similar one to that, but in plastic, so if it rolls around ( and they can do, unless firmly lashed down.) it will not do any major damage. And I keep a 1/2 drive socket set ( again in a plastic case) strapped on top of the spare wheel, and it makes up the gap between the spare and the carpet floor panel in the boot. Otherwise, it will start to sag and bend. I was a bit surprised in fact by the flimsiness of the floor panel, considering the job it has to do...but its fine now.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom