Not open for further replies.
OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
On my 2002 car it says that it will be reinstated with one MB service

Could you do me a favour and post the exact passage, please, as this is contrary to MB's normal T's and C's except on cars from 2004?

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
This is the normal T's and C's for vehicles registered between 24 October 1998 to 31 December 2003

Period of unconditional cover: - 4 years (48 months) from initial registration. This includes minor mishaps cover.

Once the vehicle is 4 years old, it must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions by a Mercedes-Benz Authorised Repairer to retain breakdown cover for a maximum of 30 years. If after year 4, the vehicle misses a service or a service is carried out outside the Mercedes-Benz network, MobiloLife does not apply and cannot be reinstated.

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Hawk does have it right

I went and squared this away with our MB dealer. No amount of money spent with them would undo the "spurious" stamp in the service history.
They are having to stand by the repairs they did to the paintwork under warranty, and then under warranty on the repairs. Presumably in future they will have to stand by the warranty on the repairs that they do to the repairs to the repairs....... Oooh that hurts my head.

Last edited:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Could you do me a favour and post the exact passage, please, as this is contrary to MB's normal T's and C's except on cars from 2004?

Who knows who is right? Maybe MB changed their minds since your original information - after all, they've changed Mobilo more times than MPs change the designation of their principal residence.

Pity the poor customer - there isn't a hope in he11 of getting a straight answer off a dealership.

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Who knows who is right? Maybe MB changed their minds since your original information - after all, they've changed Mobilo more times than MPs change the designation of their principal residence.

Pity the poor customer - there isn't a hope in he11 of getting a straight answer off a dealership.

Don't confuse people for no gain. My info is up to date, was confirmed to be correct by MB before I posted it and Television's car dates from well before my posting.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Don't confuse people for no gain. My info is up to date, was confirmed to be correct by MB before I posted it and Television's car dates from well before my posting.

It's Alan's dealership that is confusing things. Possibly.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
From your post it would seem that I have also lost the benefit of MobiloLife as my car has not had a service in four years.

This will be another matter for me to address in my forthcoming letter to Mr Kelly!

This is the normal T's and C's for vehicles registered between 24 October 1998 to 31 December 2003

Period of unconditional cover: - 4 years (48 months) from initial registration. This includes minor mishaps cover.

Once the vehicle is 4 years old, it must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions by a Mercedes-Benz Authorised Repairer to retain breakdown cover for a maximum of 30 years. If after year 4, the vehicle misses a service or a service is carried out outside the Mercedes-Benz network, MobiloLife does not apply and cannot be reinstated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
From your post it would seem that I have also lost the benefit of MobiloLife as my car has not had a service in four years.

This will be another matter for me to address in my forthcoming letter to Mr Kelly!

You have a good point there, interesting to say the least

alanuk400

Reaction score
Website
www.vipsec.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2018 W222 Mercedes S-Class LWB & 2006 R171 SLK 55AMG
Why not just copy my opening post setting out the T's and C's and show it to them. All of it has been checked against MB information.
I did just that, they were apologetic,the service manager went and checked, you were right. He wanted to know who told me that on the phone.

He agreed that it wasn't worth me servicing it with them for £299 if it wasn't covered.He knew the independent garage that was doing it for £160 and said that you couldn't go wrong.

Seems I was lucky when I got my bonnet painted last october then.

Alan

Last edited:
OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I did just that, they were apologetic,the service manager went and checked, you were right. He wanted to know who told me that on the phone.

He agreed that it wasn't worth me servicing it with them for £299 if it wasn't covered.He knew the independent garage that was doing it for £160 and said that you couldn't go wrong.

Seems I was lucky when I got my bonnet painted last october then.

Alan

I'm glad it was helpful.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not true Hawk,, lousy steel that was rusty before it was painted. Opel and SAAB did not have a problem with water based paints, and they are built in Germany, Volvo in Sweden do not rust (same paint) and 100 times more salt on the road than here. fords did not rust and BMW do not go any where near as bad.

There are basically 3 grades of steel for body panels, MB used the worst, just like Citroen in the 60's and 70's

Sorry everybody, but, the "lousy steel" comment reminded me of British Leyland cars of the sixties/seventy's, rusty as a horseshoe, but were following Vauxhall, Jaguar et al. So why over thirty years later are we still dealing with rust issues! Look how far technology has progress in the same time!

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
Anybody here remember the Ten Year Ziebart Rust Garuntee?? back in the Seventies? I think that the paints used on British built cars in the nineties to be superior? to their German equivelent, largley because the Evironmental Lobby took longer to gain momentum here. All modern steels are superior to the rubbish Pressed Steel Fisher turned out, the problem is water based paint and Mercedes poor spray coverage of corners & edges. I dont believe that is due to poor programming of the robots, just penny pinching cost saving by the bean counters.:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Anybody here remember the Ten Year Ziebart Rust Garuntee?? back in the Seventies? I think that the paints used on British built cars in the nineties to be superior? to their German equivelent, largley because the Evironmental Lobby took longer to gain momentum here. All modern steels are superior to the rubbish Pressed Steel Fisher turned out, the problem is water based paint and Mercedes poor spray coverage of corners & edges. I dont believe that is due to poor programming of the robots, just penny pinching cost saving by the bean counters.:(

Lousy steel plays a huge factor in the rust problem, mix that with wheel arch liners that leave a huge gap to fill up with wet mud, add no protection what so ever and the wheel arches will just crumble away for ever and ever.

Even the stampings on the boot were so poor that they allowed water to sit between the handle and the lid

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Ziebart, I clothed my children on the commission vouchers! I remember once taking a "factory fresh" XJ6 to be Ziebart'ed, when it went up on the ramp, written in chalk underneath was " Not suitable for export". I sold the last MGB GT and Midget in the UK, full money, but still the TR7 would not sell!

The day the accountants took control from the engineers was a very sad day,
well, it cost me my job, slash the dealer network, sell less cars!!

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
While looking through HonestJohn's web site I found this=

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.hmt?id=43, err, I do not seem to be able to make the link!:confused:Help!

Well, if you go to the site and type in Bromley County Court in the search box
you will read an item about my court case. It would seem I have made a legal precedent and that MB cannot now have a customer sign a used car contract until the T&C have been supplied.

It would seem if the T&C are not supplied at the time of signing, they are not valid!

cmax200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Sport
Can I get Mobilo, my c230 is 2005 and has been serviced by an Indie prior to my purchase.
taking into account it has only needed 2 services (mileage 22K) would it be an advantage to get Mobilo or not, if possible.

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Can I get Mobilo, my c230 is 2005 and has been serviced by an Indie prior to my purchase.
taking into account it has only needed 2 services (mileage 22K) would it be an advantage to get Mobilo or not, if possible.

Yes and yes. See posting number 1.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Advice please

I have read these posts with interest, as many of you are aware I am having a bit of a problem with Mercedes-Benz.

My recent correspondence with MB has not brought about any change in their position, so, I am back to Court.

As my experience of the Crown Court was very long and very expensive I am going to use the Small Claim Court and multiple applications.

One of these will be for the Loss of the Benefit of Mobiolife. As my car has not had a MB service these past three and a half years and the Warranty conditions have not been fulfilled.

What is the opinion of the readers as to its worth?

Maximum £4,999 to be under the amount threshold please.

Please, wax lyrical!

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This has been a very interesting post, so much so that yesterday I did issued a Claim in the Small Claims Court. £5,000, it seems fair considering what I have lost. For all I know my car has been sitting outside for these past four years, rusting!

I have searched high and low for the T&C, the MB site sends you in a continuous circle, any suggestions where I can try next?

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
This has been a very interesting post, so much so that yesterday I did issued a Claim in the Small Claims Court. £5,000, it seems fair considering what I have lost. For all I know my car has been sitting outside for these past four years, rusting!

I have searched high and low for the T&C, the MB site sends you in a continuous circle, any suggestions where I can try next?

Ask at your friendly local dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom