Mobilo and punctures

Eddie fh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class 2017 220d
Hi all looking for advice pre and post warranty ( is there a difference) . I intend to take out another service plan when my car is 3 years old , as long as it’s serviced before each service year is up ; will I be picked up by Mobilo breakdown ? .
I’ve read a 10 page tread on the subject and looked at the Mobilo website but can’t be sure if I’ll be rescued if I have a flat tyre .
As I’ve understood it after 3 years my car won’t be picked up for a flat tyre even if it’s dealer serviced on the correct date or before.
I commute quite along way to work and the car dosnt have a spare tyre so knowing a correct answer on this would be very great fully appreciated.
Many thanks in advance for any answers , Eddie

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Mobilo is included for life as long as you have the car dealer serviced BUT it is now run by the RAC.

If you have breakdown with your bank account then use that.

If your car has no spare then it has run flat tyres so you can still drive 50 miles at 50mph to get it fixed

OP
E

Eddie fh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class 2017 220d
Mobilo is included for life as long as you have the car dealer serviced BUT it is now run by the RAC.

If your car has no spare then it has run flat tyres so you can still drive 50 miles at 50mph to get it fixed
Hi , this is what I’m trying to clarify with Mobilo will I be picked up if I have a puncture, no cover through bank or any other company; this is the only breakdown cover I have
. My cars not on run flats but does have the aerosol in boot

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
This seems to suggest that punctures are covered:
https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pas...rescue-assist/roadside-assistance.module.html

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cu...s-area/pdfs/roadside-assistance.pdf?owda=misc

Presumably we are expected to try the gunge first but if the tyre is seriously split or the gunge doesn’t work then I believe Mobilo/RAC fit a space saver which they then collect a few days later once you have replaced the tyre.

I note that vehicles registered between 1998 and 2008 are only covered for technical problems.

OP
E

Eddie fh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class 2017 220d
This seems to suggest that punctures are covered:
https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pas...rescue-assist/roadside-assistance.module.html

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cu...s-area/pdfs/roadside-assistance.pdf?owda=misc

Presumably we are expected to try the gunge first but if the tyre is seriously split or the gunge doesn’t work then I believe Mobilo/RAC fit a space saver which they then collect a few days later once you have replaced the tyre.

I note that vehicles registered between 1998 and 2008 are only covered for technical problems.
Thanks that clears it up for me

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Thanks that clears it up for me
It’s good to know because I don’t have a spare on my new car and you don’t want to find out whether you are covered or not on a dark, wet motorway hard shoulder :(

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021

Not so, my E350 has no spare as it’s taken up by Adblue tank but does not ride on run flats.

Mind you I cannot remember the last time I had a puncture.

Oops! Tempting fate now.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom