more bhp for ml500 w163 2002 ???????

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML500 Brabus 20" wheels 7 seater A160 Avantgarde
hi all as you can see im pretty new to this site....so ill take this chance to say hi to all
i was just wondering is there any chips (and i dont mean the sort you have with fish) i can buy to give my ml more bhp or maybe a supercharger i can buy that will bolt straight on maybe from another model of mercedes ??
or is there any known toys out there to make the ml500 any quicker

many thanks to all

R Phillips

Reaction score
Why buy a 3 tonne softroader if you want to go fast, trade it in for a sports car or a E55.

OP
L

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 kids thats why .........for a big 4x4 its pretty quick at 305bhp but needs a little extra i could buy myself a toy but i think if i can get more power out of this it would save me a few thousand ££££ if not ill treat myself and give the ml to the wife i dont think id buy a e55 as its still pretty heavy i might be wrong but its only got an extra 50bhp unless your talking about the newer 500bhp version which are still making £15k plus which is a bit to much for a car i cant fit the kids in...very nice though ..plus if i was spending that much id buy a cl amg

thanks for reply

Last edited:

Enigma AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 W164 ML63
I am a big fan of modifying cars, the usual route would be exhaust, air filter and chip or remap. Unfortunately this is unlikely to get you more than 20 odd bhp which you will not notice in a car the size of an ml. The only way to get significant gains would be turbo or S/C but this will cost you big money think 15k+ easy. The best way for a significant gain for not alot of money would be a wet N02 kit running 75-100bhp jets this would be noticable, I did this on a jeep a few years ago to good effect. Alternatively look for a trade for an ml55 very good value ATM.
If you want to mod a car in the future look for one that already has forced induction ( ie, Kompressor or biturbo mercs ) as standard as they will have relatively easy power gains to be had for sensible money due to the fact that the boost can be increased.... just make sure the fueling is accurate.
If you fancy a weekend car I am considering selling my Nissan 600bhp and only 1.3 tons makes my sl55 feel like I left the handbrake on......

5 kids thats why .........for a big 4x4 its pretty quick at 305bhp but needs a little extra i could buy myself a toy but i think if i can get more power out of this it would save me a few thousand ££££ if not ill treat myself and give the ml to the wife i dont think id buy a e55 as its still pretty heavy i might be wrong but its only got an extra 50bhp unless your talking about the newer 500bhp version which are still making £15k plus which is a bit to much for a car i cant fit the kids in...very nice though ..plus if i was spending that much id buy a cl amg

thanks for reply

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Regarding the exhaust I have heard that the MB V8 does respond very well with new exhaust manifolds and complete exhaust system, having read various American forums, it seems they favour Kleeman equipment and they also do full supercharger installations (expect in the region of 450ish BHP after conversion) to though quite expensive, they do have a UK presence and a web site with the products they have on offer, do a google search for Kleeman they are a very well known and respected MB tuner, alternatively there is a company in Southampton that are known for their exhaust and tuning services called DMS Automotive IIRC.

OP
L

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am a big fan of modifying cars, the usual route would be exhaust, air filter and chip or remap. Unfortunately this is unlikely to get you more than 20 odd bhp which you will not notice in a car the size of an ml. The only way to get significant gains would be turbo or S/C but this will cost you big money think 15k+ easy. The best way for a significant gain for not alot of money would be a wet N02 kit running 75-100bhp jets this would be noticable, I did this on a jeep a few years ago to good effect. Alternatively look for a trade for an ml55 very good value ATM.
If you want to mod a car in the future look for one that already has forced induction ( ie, Kompressor or biturbo mercs ) as standard as they will have relatively easy power gains to be had for sensible money due to the fact that the boost can be increased.... just make sure the fueling is accurate.
If you fancy a weekend car I am considering selling my Nissan 600bhp and only 1.3 tons makes my sl55 feel like I left the handbrake on......

i know a fair bit about turbo cars as ive been selling breaking rebuilding and modifying jap turbos for years infact i still own a company that sells secound hand parts for them, nissan (200sx) being my faviroute but i know very little about mercs and what you can get for them ...ive allready got the exhaust sorted and the airfilter is on its way so thats the basics done or almost done...as for the ml55 i was going to buy one of them but i couldnt find one with seven seats as they have the spare wheel in the boot so had to opt for the lesser ml500 but to be onist i want more than an extra 50bhp another 100 would be nice ....what nissan you got ???skyline???

Last edited:
OP
L

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks ill try Kleeman

LYNALL

Reaction score
Iirc a amember on here had his 320 s/c by kleeman and i think his dad has his done as well.

I think 15k was the figure mentioned which would buy a very nice w211 e55 470bhp.

Be interesting to know how size wise the back bench seat compares to the Ml one.

Lynall

OP
L

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
it would be intresting to know mind you still no good to me as it hasnt got the 2 extra seats in the boot as i say i have 5 kids so need all seven seats...........................as for kleeman they are very very expensive way to much for what ther offering i think ill just have to try some where else or do a custom job myself with the help of a very good engineering firm or give up and buy a toy for the weekends

Enigma AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 W164 ML63
i know a fair bit about turbo cars as ive been selling breaking rebuilding and modifying jap turbos for years infact i still own a company that sells secound hand parts for them, nissan (200sx) being my faviroute but i know very little about mercs and what you can get for them ...ive allready got the exhaust sorted and the airfilter is on its way so thats the basics done or almost done...as for the ml55 i was going to buy one of them but i couldnt find one with seven seats as they have the spare wheel in the boot so had to opt for the lesser ml500 but to be onist i want more than an extra 50bhp another 100 would be nice ....what nissan you got ???skyline???

Think I am preaching to the converted here.... My car is an s14a 200sx built by Simon Norris are you on the sxoc?
I still think 50 -100 bhp is difficult without blowers or giggle gas....

OP
L

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
norris design very nice ive been going along to the sxoc meets at the halfway house near brentwood essex for the last 7+ years do you go to jae im on the board as velocity mind you its been a while since i last posted anything? my last 200 was an s14 i must say i prefer the front of the s14a i nearly brought a standard s14a as my next project but the wife won that debate lol my brother still has his s14 its had a lot of work done to it just needs setting up on a rolling road now to smooth it all out

OP
L

L-pretlove

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I still think 50 -100 bhp is difficult without blowers or giggle gas....

i agree id rather go for a supercharger or turbos there must be a merc that has the same engine with a supercharger as standerd ive been told the ml500 engine is from the s500 so i need to find out if they do an s class with turbos or supercharger but if needs must then it will have to be nos as you say

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom