More Trouble Than it’s worth?

R J Richard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS
Hi,
I am new to the forum just having bought W205 estate a few weeks ago 2015 low mileage and good service history, so far so good.However I was disappointed to discover only one out of the 4 led exterior handle leds are working.I have read up on this issue and understand they appear unreliable but a bit of a chore to replace as the door cards have to be dismantled.
The place were i have got the car have offered to replace them which is encouraging but my question is
1/ is there an upgraded part as I believe original leds used to let water ingress
2/ would people leave well alone give amount of work involved and the fact car has minimal rattles and squeaks at the moment and I suppose there are no guarantees work my not cause problems

which way to go?

OP
R

R J Richard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS
Hi,
I am new to the forum just having bought W205 estate a few weeks ago 2015 low mileage and good service history, so far so good.However I was disappointed to discover only one out of the 4 led exterior handle leds are working.I have read up on this issue and understand they appear unreliable but a bit of a chore to replace as the door cards have to be dismantled.
The place were i have got the car have offered to replace them which is encouraging but my question is
1/ is there an upgraded part as I believe original leds used to let water ingress
2/ would people leave well alone give amount of work involved and the fact car has minimal rattles and squeaks at the moment and I suppose there are no guarantees work my not cause problems

which way to go?

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
If the repair is free go with it...

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

OP
R

R J Richard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS
Would anyone no if this part has been updated/improved I want to make sure the most up to date led is fitted if anyone has the part number I need all but the drivers side door

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
If the part comes MB and it was upgraded, then you will automatically get a superseded part.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Do you have the part number?

OP
R

R J Richard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS
Not as yet will do some digging

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom