Morethan Insurance

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
The world has gone quite mad. On every trip apart from very local ones, I have my TomTom switched on so it will scream when there's a camera on the route - to go from my home to the Costco warehouse in Brum involves passing underneath at least 30 cameras if go via the motorway and about 12 if I use the ordinary roads. Driving "responsibly" for years I didn't get tickets but I'm sure I crept over the limit here and there but like most experienced drivers I generally drove (and still do) according to the prevailing road conditions. But meanwhile, there's a certain chief constable saying that you booked if you go over the limit by just ONE mile an hour (and I always wonder if he would throw the first stone at the sinner when he's in the news).

But it always interests me to see people 1) speeding excessively 2) undertaking 3) tailgating and 4) behaving quite badly - cutting people up etc but there aren't any cameras set up to record that sort of thing!

Go for the jugular, Frontstep and absolutely insist they respond to you (I really do like srdl's comment above - if you can any firm with a potential cost they soon buckle under!)

btw: I've been looking at Dashcams in the last couple of weeks- (following another post here I realise that I really must flash the cash for one) - but I wonder: can you set them to record your own mph while driving? If you can, it would be very interesting to see which record would win out in circumstances like yours.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
btw: Has the edit function been removed?

- My post should say 'chief constable saying you should get booked...' etc
- But ten seconds after I posted there is no edit available?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I would go back and say to them that given they have changed their story about where and how fast and that given its an area heavily policed by speed cameras they should prove their hardware is accurate. Failing that suggest that perhaps the ombudsman might like to review it...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
btw: I've been looking at Dashcams in the last couple of weeks- (following another post here I realise that I really must flash the cash for one) - but I wonder: can you set them to record your own mph while driving? If you can, it would be very interesting to see which record would win out in circumstances like yours.
Yes, you can certainly have your own speed showing on my Nextbase. I have been uncertain whether this is a good thing or bad but, on balance, I leave it set to show the speed. The problem with Dashcams is that they rewrite over the old footage every three hours or so depending on the size of your memory chip so you defence may have disappeared by the time you need it!

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
btw: I've been looking at Dashcams in the last couple of weeks- (following another post here I realise that I really must flash the cash for one) - but I wonder: can you set them to record your own mph while driving?

Mine does, the K1S, and you can set the speed display to 'fall off' at a given speed but, as it still records GPS, there isn't really much to be gained from such except for short spurts for, e.g. completing an overtake.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
With any dashcam speed can be calculated using time and distance. Having it showing or not really makes no difference if someone wants to prove a point.

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
With any dashcam speed can be calculated using time and distance. Having it showing or not really makes no difference if someone wants to prove a point.

Agreed. I was trained to use VASCAR shortly after it was first introduced. Dashcam footage showing identifiable points, and measuring the distance between, enables a speed to be calculated. Even a mobile phone [over distances] can be used to calculate speed, as it hands over from one set of masts to another, using triangulation.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It is frustrating that as of today I have no "evidence" to challenge until Morethan pass over "Tracks" data.

I cannot accept on a busy highly regulated road I was travelling over 50% in excess of the speed limit, its a diesel VW not a Veyron.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Still no data

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
Probably a bit off topic but my mother had a renewal quote for her car insurance from Morethan.When I rang them they had no record of the policy number or name & address of my mother.Morethan useless springs to mind.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well you better ask for a refund then as clearly according to their records they haven't insured her !

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well further updates on why not to have telematics Insurance youth has,

two speeding events on record when car was being driven by garage (VW Main Agent) they will not remove even with proof of who was driving.
two more -10 events 24 and 21 in 20 MPH zone !!
The one I started with on a run to Leeds they still haven't sent data.

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Well further updates on why not to have telematics Insurance youth has.

We had the telematics with Adrian Flux when the boy had his first car and never had any issues with it , it was good that he knew they were watching him as we were via the app so we could keep an eye on him and his "antics" when he was driving.

If the car was being driven by the garage then that should be easy enough to prove.

If the car was being driven at an actual 21 / 24 in a 20 then it must have been showing 23 / 26 on the speedo so in theory the car was speeding.

Good luck with the last point , i argued with MT about pet insurance for three months as they said i still owed them money , even though i paid (the price they quoted) in full over the phone.

I moved to Admiral this year as MT would not budge on the renewal price , at all.

Kenny

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think this should be reported to the ombudsman. It's unreasonable and unfair to penalise the insurer for the driving behaviour of people he has no control over and cannot be aware of.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It will be reported, the problem I see is people don't realise we will all be on these telematics systems soon and penalising you for the actions of another is a dangerous precedent, its hardly joint enterprise.
Having no way to challenge the data is patently unfair.
There is an almighty rush to bring in telematics as a means of taxing us for road use, the operators currently rely on google streetview to dish out their penalties even though it can be out of date the next week.
The Insurers cop out is that the Insurance is on the car not the driver which is patently illogical and untrue.
This is a whole new can of worms with firms rushing in to grab market share.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
As an update to the contnuing debacle with Morethan here is an image of the recent journeys recorded by the infallible telematics ;

Attachments

• IMG_20181029_205424 (2).jpg
    IMG_20181029_205424 (2).jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 110

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow that's impressive. Looks like the car split in half and did two journeys on the 29th!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
On Google Street View for our house, in the open front door is a builders bum from when we had work done whilst on holiday in August 2012.

On the satellite view on Google Maps there are no solar panels on the roof. Often I get sales calls from solar companies telling me my roof is ideal for solar, yes I know thats why there are 14 on it!! That image is undated .

Sometimes technology is useful ;);)

i often not so sure of that !!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
We should all boycott More than for a start....

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Aside from the dual trips and very slow progress recorded on this screenshot we have had many other incidents including my previously mentioned "other drivers" on their Insurance issues,

the problem is we are all heading inexorably towards these controls on our lives and the Insurance Companies stick two fingers in their ears and sing when you bring it to their attention.

The companies not only dish out financial penalties without appeal they also can refuse to insure you which must put many off complaining.

One of the biggest Life Insurance companies in the US John Hancock require fitness trackers or "fitbit" type devices to have its products https://www.wndu.com/content/news/Life-insurance-company-to-require-health-trackers-493876661.htm
Others will follow.
They do operate here.

Can you imagine trying to prove your case with them ?

I have taken this further but I have little faith in an Insurance Company that has software which allows such data to come out so it is also in the hands of the F.O.S to hopefully bring some sanity.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom