Morrisons BIO DIESEL

haroonz7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 TD Auto, BMW M3 CSL, Honda Integra Type R DC-2
Guys

I know BIO Diesel is a subject which has been discussed in detail on many forums. Morrisons are now selling the B30 BIO Diesel and I was tempted to use it. Before i do wanted to get some thoughts on this....

Ive got a C250 TD on a 1996 with 141k on. am sure this engine will take it as opposed to the common rail engines....

Anyone know if this bio diesel at morrisons is cheaper than the normal stuff??

They didnt have any prices advertised

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
Beware that the current range of bio fuels are not as kind to the sealing components of our existing fuel systems as mineral fuels, they can rot the seals away and cause leaks or component failiures.
Both fuel system and fuel manufacturers are currently working on this problem but as yet I do not know of any improvement in bio fuels which would encourage me to be brave enough to use it regularly.

sailorP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32AMG
There are stories of the tendency of bio-diesel to leave lacquer-like deposits.
The oil industry have some issues on ships regarding contamination of kerosene (jet-fuel) cargoes carried in tanks after a bio-diesel cargo.
Plus, bio-diesel isn't as green as the lobyists would have us believe.
Although it avoids using quite so much fossil (mineral) fuel, the practices of the major bio-fuel growers leave a lot to be desired (contributing to forest erosion).
It's the same CO2 output as mineral fuel.
So why bother to take the risk, unless it is substantially cheaper?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
the bio diesels you buy at major filling stations are much better than the ones you could make yourself in your shed from waste cooking oil! they do mix a percentage of mineral diesel in it (about 5% i think) and it doesnt smell of chips! its also made from new plant extracts not waste oil. regarding the price, my dad priced it at morrisons in kendal and its exactly the same price as normal diesel. personally, given its the same price, i wouldnt risk damaging the seals in the injector pump when theres no saving to be made! the green brigade only want you to use it as theyre under the impression its greener as its ALL made from used (waste) cooking oil. i know a bloke who makes it from waste cooking oil, thats how i know what i do about it!

OP
H

haroonz7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If there is no difference in price then i dont see the point - ok its greener (so they say) but if it can cause damage to the seals and other parts then thats more expense to us....pointless so far i think.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
exactly. if its genuinely greener, it should be cheaper to encourage us to use it!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
and dont we just know it! would that be Mr Bean the penny pinching bean counter or Mr Bean, gordon brown's far more inteligent cousin? :lol: i still believe if the government hadnt taxed road users beyond their limits, british haulage firms would be more compeitive,manufacturing prices would therefore be lower, food etc would be cheaper, more people would still be in work, and bank cisis or not, we would not be in the mess we are today! tax those that can afford it, not those of us who cant!

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
and dont we just know it! would that be Mr Bean the penny pinching bean counter or Mr Bean, gordon brown's far more inteligent cousin? :lol: i still believe if the government hadnt taxed road users beyond their limits, british haulage firms would be more compeitive,manufacturing prices would therefore be lower, food etc would be cheaper, more people would still be in work, and bank cisis or not, we would not be in the mess we are today! tax those that can afford it, not those of us who cant!

Ahhhhh - you seem to be afflicted with - COMMONSENSE. Therefore I can safely deduct that you will NEVER, EVER be a 'politician'.

OP
H

haroonz7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This forum is great - the discussions make my day at work go quicker!!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It's 27 here - blooo skies, sunshine and the golf course is in PRIME condition - ohh, and cheap, cold beer too.

Sorry! :lol:
That would be larger though (where's the barf face when i need it), difficult to get a decent pint of Landlord last time I ventured that far south.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom