Motor Insurance

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Rip off or what:-

I am unable to drive at the moment due to recent shoulder surgery and my car is up for its MOT. So I ask a neighbour to run it down and back - a distance of some 4 miles in total, however his insurance does not cover him to drive other cars, no probs I will pop him on my insurance for the 2 hours or so.

"Yes sir a pleasure that will be £97" ninety ****** seven pounds can you believe it, sod it the car will have to wait until I can drive, whats the betting plod will call round and check it out, "just passing sir and we noted....." "passing what" in a cul de sac spitting tacks at the moment folks:x:x:x

I think I might try and claim racial and religious discrimination or 'uman rights infringement or better still a point of order in respect of H&S

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I will pop him on my insurance for the 2 hours or so. "Yes sir a pleasure that will be £97" ninety ****** seven pounds can you believe it

What would Sir Jack Cohen have said?

I put my son on my SL insurance for a one week trip we are due to make to France in May - £21 (would have been £15, but he has 6 points at present). They would have done a year for the sort of price you have been quoted.

Is your other driver in question Hannibal Lecter, or currently banned, or both?

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
It was very likely to have failed the MOT anyway.

OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

Thanks for the support, so kind :twisted:eek:f you, so are you saying get the bus pass out then:confused:;)

OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
What would Sir Jack Cohen have said?

I put my son on my SL insurance for a one week trip we are due to make to France in May - £21 (would have been £15, but he has 6 points at present). They would have done a year for the sort of price you have been quoted.

Is your other driver in question Hannibal Lecter, or currently banned, or both?

Probably 'get off your arris and sort it' Well he is a retired Po lice ossifer, blind in one eye with a wooden leg, but you only need one leg in a Merc and blind in one eye is a bonus given driving standards these days.;)

Mrtibbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 Estate 2005
Hi Dosco
I live in Kettering and if you are close to me then I am more than happy to drive your car for its MOT, in fact I can recommend a good MOT station in Kettering. They do all the work on 3 of our 4 cars (they cannot get our RV into their garage :cry:) and we have known them for years.
Please let me know, here or PM or email if I can help.

Keith

OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Hi Dosco
I live in Kettering and if you are close to me then I am more than happy to drive your car for its MOT, in fact I can recommend a good MOT station in Kettering. They do all the work on 3 of our 4 cars (they cannot get our RV into their garage :cry:) and we have known them for years.
Please let me know, here or PM or email if I can help.

Keith

Hi Keith, Thanks so much for your offer but my other neighbour came to the rescue this morning. Nevertheless a grateful thanks for your offer, if I can help you at all let me know.:cool:

Roger

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95

Dosco

sorry, for some reason I stopped typing the full reply.

As an active member of this forum you will have seen very often the advice that cars should be throughly warmed up before being submitted for an MOT to enable an easy pass on the emissions test.

Driving just 2 miles to the test station is clearly not enough.

A good run of 20 miles would be much better.

OP
D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Dosco

sorry, for some reason I stopped typing the full reply.

As an active member of this forum you will have seen very often the advice that cars should be throughly warmed up before being submitted for an MOT to enable an easy pass on the emissions test.

Driving just 2 miles to the test station is clearly not enough.

A good run of 20 miles would be much better.

Good point and by the way my response was a joke as I thought your post was:D:D

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom