Moving the phone connector? (W211)

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
I have an S211 with phone pre-wiring, and use a Viseeo MB-2 Bluetooth unit in the UHI connector in the top of the centre console.

As the MB-2 very rarely needs any form of human interaction, this seems like a waste of premium storage space in the console. It seems like a good idea to remove the UHI connector from the top of the console, and put it "elsewhere" - perhaps under the main compartment in the insulation foam? This would also mean I don't need to have the two coiled cables running to the top box that make opening the main compartment awkward.

Has anyone tried this, or have any information / photos about how much of a job this would be?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I don't think the later cars had it in the lid or maybe I dreamt that. I never use the centre armrest and I rarely touch the bluetooth cradle either, I do look for it's reassuring glow though. I don't see why you couldn't move it.

OP
T

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
Once Bluetooth was available without add-on cradles, you're right, it was integrated into the head unit. I'm hoping to reclaim the space in the centre console.

What I'm looking for is advice, instructions, diagrams on disassembling the centre console and wiring.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom