My C43/C55 Conversion

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The C36 engine will fit but it is not a straight forward mod. You are better off just buying a 500.

Absolutely right Olly. The 500 should satisfy the young man - it is smooth and effortless, and I believe it has as much power as you can use in the real world, on this island at least!

I just happen to have one in Almandine with parchment upholstery! :cool:

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI avantgarde c43//amg
Good on the guys that did the work and you for the dream

I hope she brings you many hours and years of happy motoring

Love to know the stats when remap done and if you dino it to find out true values

Good work again im a w202'nut myself this would be a dream for me

One day maybe

Thank you for taking us along for the ride

OP
bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Its been a while, so I thought I would update this thread, over the next couple of days.
Since the conversion I have now covered approx. 15k miles, though the car has broken down on one occasion, due to a connection on the starter motor, it was the actual stud coming out of the motor itself, fixed by the AA when I called them out.
I have also had one of Olly's De-catt pipes fitted, which removed the centre box (resonator) and the secondary Cats, it now sounds absolutly awesome, and has passed the MOT twice now since being fitted.
When the engine was changed the service assyst said I had another 7k miles before next service (an A service) and the last service a "B" carried out before the conversion by Peter at Pentangle Southampton for info http://www.pentanglemb.co.uk
As the new 55 engine recieved a thorough service and new plugs, several pulleys, and a new belt, I decided to carry on the services as if the engine had,nt been changed.
I had Olly at PCS in Horndean to carry out an "A" service, and he noted that a very slight leak of engine oil had developed from the rear crank seal, and a STAR diagnostic check picked up an implausible speed signal from the drivers side front wheel other than this the car got a clean bill of health

dog68

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V class 2.3 petrol/lpg
Got to be the best thread, i have read in ages, brilliant.

OP
bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Cheers, I,ll update the thread again in a day or two with more recent goings on.

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Well done. Nice job. I might end up doing a 55k engine transplant. :lol:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom