My First Stone Chip

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Perhaps Satnavs should include a warning of the whereabouts of gritting lorries I’m like a rabbit in headlights when I pass one of those it makes you feel absolutely helpless and of course to make matters worse they seem to travel faster nowadays
Gritting lorries and my car are never on the road at the same time. :)

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I remember seeing one of those products being demo'ed on a RR. It was covered in swirls.:oops:
Could it not have already been covered in swirls, depends how you use it, Rory, obviously don't do a car that's absolutely filthy, and don't put loads of pressure when using it, gently is all that's needed, I've always used it, personally think it's great. :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
As per OP, so frustrating.
But as per others, it's a reminder of use.

PPF is your only option, but it's not cheap given the prep needed.

My OCD is triggered cause I can't even wash the bl**dy car now (hose pipe ban) but there are bigger things to worry about in reality.

PPF?
Ppf, paint protection film (or a clear wrap )

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
I remember seeing one of those products being demo'ed on a RR. It was covered in swirls.:oops:
I saw the owner of a well known Land Rover indy using one of those and blue paper towels on a truly filthy customer's car. A tiny quirt and then lots of scrubbing. "Don't worry about cleaning my car". I said as I dropped it off. I dread to think of the damage that was done.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I saw the owner of a well known Land Rover indy using one of those and blue paper towels on a truly filthy customer's car. A tiny quirt and then lots of scrubbing. "Don't worry about cleaning my car". I said as I dropped it off. I dread to think of the damage that was done.
Not surprised using Blue paper towels, soft micro fibre cloths, and not on a truly filthy car that's the way to go, like I said it's how you use it. :rolleyes: No wonder you said don't clean my car. :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Not surprised using Blue paper towels, soft micro fibre cloths, and not on a truly filthy car that's the way to go, like I said it's how you use it. :rolleyes: No wonder you said don't clean my car. :)
I’ve only considered those products good for moving light dust between proper washes.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’ve only considered those products good for moving light dust between proper washes.
Agreed, Rory, and I go as far as "quite dirty"
too, but definitely not minging. :)

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Ppf, paint protection film (or a clear wrap )
Cheers.

I knew what it meant, it was left as a question for the OP (poorly though)
Proper stuff seems to be self repairing, which is a bit freaky....

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Cheers.

I knew what it meant, it was left as a question for the OP (poorly though)
Proper stuff seems to be self repairing, which is a bit freaky....
From prices I was quoted for good quality stuff, it was close to the price of a respray. I decided against PPF given that there are some down sides to having it and 5 years on - no regrets.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom