My Ml is ill.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I didn't bother reading this thread till today , after finding the true issue being a badly leaking injector ( spill test would have found first go ) id be going back to where you had the fuel pump fitted and asking for some sort of compo ! I always recommend a spill test on issues of non starting derv vehicles , its so simple to do and can save a lot of time and money

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
just looked on fleebay , a spill test kit is only £23 delivered , less than an hours labour at most garages

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
So, the first three garages did not do the most basic of tests on a diesel...a leak off test? Terrible.

OP
L

Lei650

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270 cdi 2003
Injector leak off then! Not sure why pumping up the fuel primer helped but glad you got it sorted!
Hi, Since the pump thing was fitted, I hadn't actually had to use it so I don't know either. I think number 3 mechanic just saw quick cash.

OP
L

Lei650

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270 cdi 2003
So, the first three garages did not do the most basic of tests on a diesel...a leak off test? Terrible.
I think they saw me coming if I'm honest. SGT for me all the way now. They have been honest and kept price as low as possible. I was expecting it to be way more than it was. And they lent me a KA While they had my car, the other garages didn't even offer a loan vehicle.

OP
L

Lei650

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270 cdi 2003
just looked on fleebay , a spill test kit is only £23 delivered , less than an hours labour at most garages
I did look too, when I was doing all my research as to what the issue may have been but I wouldn't have known where to start.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom