My new CL203 goes in limp mode and has errors

david92

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 C Class Coupe 220 CDI
Hi there,

This is my first post here so be gentle :)

I have recently purchased a CL203 (c class coupe 2007 220cdi) and it goes into limp mode occasionaly, more noticably when i go into reverse rather than drive from cold start (work car park).

I have had codes read from a friend with a delphi kit.

The codes he got were as follows:

2509 heater booster control module
2632 charge pressure regulation
2359 boost pressure: high pressure

I have read that the Cdi engines have common faults with the turbo actuators but im reluctant to go down that route if it could be something else at fault.

I know these forums are a fountain of knowledge and any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
I think to diagnose fully, you need to find a good local independant with a proper STAR.
It can interrogate the systems 'deeper', so you don't waste £ changing stuff which is actually ok.

Last edited:

sineda

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 CDi SE
I went with a guessing DIY way and bought a MAF although this wasn't the problem. Took it to a local MB garage who diagnosed the car properly using the right tools and immediately (in under an hour) they've located the fault as being a split pipe that connects to the EGR. Conclusion: get it properly diagnosed before spending your monies.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
+2 and take it from someone who has a CL that has seen its share of issues ( yours is a C class- very big difference when it comes to things going wrong!)...

You need to get a proper fault finding & diagnosis done.

I had a limp mode. Reading codes suggested MAF most likely culprit. Changed it- no difference. A day spent with two members on Star- no difference.

Take it to trusty independent garage- anti knock sensor required replacement (actually the fault code showing, duh! But these NEVER go....!) so inlet manifold off and hey presto- a dead family of mice discovered in the valley between the cylinder heads, mouse wee had killed the sensor and rusted out the core plugs!

So pay £50-60 and get an Indy to diagnose the issue. It's worth it.

Last edited:

sineda

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 CDi SE
+2 and take it from someone who has a CL that has seen its share of issues ( yours is a C class- very big difference when it comes to things going wrong!)...

You need to get a proper fault finding & diagnosis done.

I had a limp mode. Reading codes suggested MAF most likely culprit. Changed it- no difference. A day spent with two members on Star- no difference.

Take it to trusty independent garage- anti knock sensor required replacement (actually the fault code showing, duh! But these NEVER go....!) so inlet manifold off and hey presto- a dead family of mice discovered in the valley between the cylinder heads, mouse wee had killed the sensor and rusted out the core plugs!

So pay £50-60 and get an Indy to diagnose the issue. It's worth it.
Didn't know CLs ran on mice power :D
But on a serious note, that's crazy how the found a mice there.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
.... so inlet manifold off and hey presto- a dead family of mice discovered in the valley between the cylinder heads, mouse wee had killed the sensor and rusted out the core plugs!

A right tail of the unexpected!

Umble

SL Koluwa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe CL203
Hello David,
I can see this was 2 years ago thread
Did you manage to get it fixed? Do you still have the same car?
Rgs
Gam

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hello David,
I can see this was 2 years ago thread
Did you manage to get it fixed? Do you still have the same car?
Rgs
Gam
David hasn't been on the forum since 2017 buddy , so don't hold out for a reply .
Welcome to the forum though

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom