My W203 2002 Pioneer Double din Install

orbitalegg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W163 ML 320 1998
I replaced my W163 with a 2002 W203 and decided the Audio 10 stereo just didn't cut it, especially as it has no Aux input.

So i thought i would take photos as I replaced the Stereo with a double din Aftermarket unit

IMG_0976_zpskvllxrs6.jpg

so here we go

Started by taking out the middle vents. there are two clips in the vents that allow access the torx 20 screws on the bottom of the vents and the notched clips on the top.

IMG_0977_zpsloclbct5.jpg

Next I removed the shift gaiter by prying it up with my fingers.

IMG_0983_zpsf8sc10ur.jpg

Removed the panel around the gear shift. do this by putting your fingers under the front end of the panel where the gaiter was and pull.(you might have to pull hard if this is the first time it has been removed) at this point pull the panel towards the dash and ease it over the gear selection panel.

IMG_0986_zpsrfsbc3kl.jpg

IMG_0987_zpsuipepysk.jpg

Next removed the ashtray by taking out the inner tray, this is done by sliding it forward, then you will find to clips on either side of the ashtray, pried these clips down and towards the gear whilst lifting the ashtray gently to prevent them re-engaging.

IMG_0991_zps3mbeqnvd.jpg

IMG_0989_zps7efrvhdx.jpg

IMG_0994_zpsit4hbpjn.jpg

With the ashtray now removed I had access to the clips securing the bottom of the panel, unclipped these (had to use a screw driver as I have man sized hands).

IMG_0999_zpsfqnbudit.jpg

IMG_1001_zpszvjhucuw.jpg

Next unclipped the connectors for the top instrument panel and the climate control at the bottom.

IMG_1002_zps4yz36yjf.jpg

IMG_1004_zpse4mve5xd.jpg

IMG_1005_zpsaqk5jxma.jpg

now the panel is out of the way and I had access the stereo.

IMG_1006_zpstcjbcjzl.jpg

Next torx 20 driver and removed the two screws on either side of the stereo, then slid it out along with the cubby hole that is attached to it.

IMG_1011_zpsvomjpsgd.jpg

IMG_1012_zpssiil7b4l.jpg

IMG_1014_zpsieodkkqy.jpg

Unplugged the connectors and set aside. (Good bye Audio 10 I mean CD's really)

IMG_1018_zps9xyro8ws.jpg

IMG_1018_zps9xyro8ws.jpg

My double din fascia, Steering wheel control adaptor and the right Patch lead for a Pioneer.(air freshener optional)

IMG_1026_zpsof2tyhnd.jpg

and of course the Pioneer double din stereo.

IMG_1028_zpsrka2aymz.jpg

Next Connected the factory harness to the steering control unit and then to the stereo (this is self explanatory and the connectors will only fit into the right place so no step by step photos i'm afraid plus I plain forgot to take the pictures :( )

TESTED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WORKS!

Placed the stereo in the cage and screwed in the new double din fascia (needed two extra screws to secure it as the audio 10 only has two screws)

IMG_1035_zpsb0fp6pw9.jpg

I replaced the panels as above in reverse order and voila a double din stereo that brings my w203 up to date. Hello Spotify and Hands Free :grin:

IMG_1039_zpsdk1fui8c.jpg

IMG_1043_zpseoplltzp.jpg

IMG_1041_zpsf3iaikb2.jpg

Done.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom