mystery oil leak, c 200, 38000 miles - Main  dealer cant sto

Status
Not open for further replies.

yerneni

Reaction score
My 1997, 38000 mile , c 200 Auto leaks about 10 drops of oil/day from the engine sump area. A main dealer changed gear box seals, gear box sump seal and engine oil sump seal on 3 differrent occasions,each time believing that  the leak is fixed.
Fortunately, the car is under signature warranty,with 3 months of cover remaining. Apart from being surprised that a mercedes leaks oil at 38000 miles I dont understand what really is happening  at the main dealer and what are my options now.
Any advice from experts?

(Edited by yerneni at 9:19 pm on June 2, 2002)

Stewart Smith

Reaction score
mystery oil leak, c 200, 38000 miles

Mine has about 18 days of its warranty left - its a 6 C200 and has an oil leak from the Head Gasket - According to Andy this is quite common - but with the horrendous charges for a dealership to fix the gasket - you have got to get this checked out before the warranty runs out !

sunil sood

Reaction score

my c200 sport auto on p reg also has an small oil leak from the front head gasket area-apparently this is a common fault,but mine is no longer under warranty,so i will just keep aneye on the situation.j  

OP
Y

yerneni

Reaction score

Thanks to stewart and sunil for your replies.
My car has ben to the main dealer for a fifth time and :) the oil leak seems to have stopped after changing the engine oil sump gasket, a second time.
Don't garages gaurantee the work they do? The Merc dealer says the work is gauranteed only until the signature warranty lasts :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom