Need bluetooth for phone!

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 Mercedes c200 cdi auto w203
Hi chaps
Just bought a 2006 mint c200 cdi auto think its w203?
Anyway whats the easiest way to get bluetooth fitted so i can use my samsung s8 phone in car?
Is there a kit i can buy or am i best to get a parrot fitted ? Looking cheapest option and recommendations

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi chaps
Just bought a 2006 mint c200 cdi auto think its w203?
Anyway whats the easiest way to get bluetooth fitted so i can use my samsung s8 phone in car?
Is there a kit i can buy or am i best to get a parrot fitted ? Looking cheapest option and recommendations
Isn't there a socket under the arm rest for a proper MB hep bluetooth adapter?

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No mate theres not

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Are HU easy to install ?are the plug n play? Wheres the cheapest place to biy ebay ect?

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Il get a better pic 2moro but standard radio single cd

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Screenshot_20190313-201430_eBay.jpg

Same as this but no phone kit!

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
The cheapest, quickest way to use a phone in a car is a Bluetooth fm transmitter. My son got one for £15 as a temporary fix in his Honda CRV that he hacks to work in. 18 months on and he still uses it. Or, you could buy a second hand Parrot off e Bay. They are a bit passé now, there's always some for sale.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if NO telephone prep from the factory.....

aux in bodge and a BT cheapy £25, gives no integration to steering wheel, headunit screen or buttons
a new headunit (aftermarket nasty, some here rate them)
or this sort of thing which acts as if it were the Mercedes wired in phone module, but connects to the world via Bluetooth http://www.fiscon-mobile.com/products/pro_mercedes.php

I got the last option secondhand on ebay for £120 and fitted it to my fathers W211 E280CDI and its very good. Sound quality is perfect for calls and via an obscure (slightly random) fashion, actually streams music sound faultlessly... once you have battled it to wake up, and navigation to other tracks is some wild weird beard ride of hell with counter intuitive cd changer structure on the steering wheel buttons.... if only something half as good was out there for S class comand 3 units the world would be a better place. In fact it is if you don't mind a cable https://www.navtool.com/mercedes-benz.aspx

Last edited:

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
Hi,
One question for the original Merc Bluetooth adapter that fits within the armrest.
Car is a w219 jan 2006 and has the cradle plugin already but missing the actual adapter.
Question is if all the 4 different p/NS will work with my car or I have to stick with the older versions? Also, the pairing code is unique or something like 1234? Because in eBay some chaps sell them without mentioning the pairing code or instructions.
Thanks

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Hi,
One question for the original Merc Bluetooth adapter that fits within the armrest.
Car is a w219 jan 2006 and has the cradle plugin already but missing the actual adapter.
Question is if all the 4 different p/NS will work with my car or I have to stick with the older versions? Also, the pairing code is unique or something like 1234? Because in eBay some chaps sell them without mentioning the pairing code or instructions.
Thanks

you need to verify exactly what's already in the car..

early cars needed a old curly cable viseeo device.... then they moved to the UHI socket with more choice

of the 4 you refer too, I guess you mean Merc HFP? no of course they are all different... each newer one was more compatible, had more features and or less bugs

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
So the code mbusa is the generic one for all of them?
Using a vin decoder I can read that my car has the "386 universal telephony package" option from factory. Does this help at all? Car is UK version. ( I think viseo device are for US market? )

Yes I am referring to 4 hfp models with newest ones ending in 6168 and latest in 0000.
My concern was if the latest version would not be compatible with my 2006 car.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
so in you can find this socket

ML_HFP_connector_384.jpg

if yes then the viseeo MB3 MB4 MB4+ all work (note firmware updates out there to fix things and dipswitch settings to work with various Mercedes models )

or

any of the Merc ones will do something... as far as I know all compatible... with newer being MORE compatible not less, the issue with the Merc ones is they never got updates, so early ones will have odd / missing phone books and may be buggy with newer phones

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
Thank you all for your replies.

Botus I am afraid that I cannot see your image. But from what you write I can understand that viseeo is a better choice?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Thank you all for your replies.

Botus I am afraid that I cannot see your image. But from what you write I can understand that viseeo is a better choice?

The picture is of a socket - the UHI - universal handy interface, usually its in the centre console, to which the various Mercedes phone adaptors plug in it may have a small cover to stop dust and dirt getting on the small multiplug. If you don't have / can't see this, neither the Merc HFPs or viseeo MB 3 or later can fit. You may have a phone adaptor already there using the socket and it needs to be removed (with a small release pin - on the left 3mm black head just sticking out needs to be depressed then it slides out)

-http://www.mercupgrades.com/pictures/all/ML_HFP_connector_384.jpg remove the dash from the start and paste in a browser

If there is no UHI, but a fixed phone system is, a viseeo mb-2 (with a curly cable) pretends to be a nokia phone that can clip in the early cars phone adaptor - but is a Bluetooth device not a phone (and its more compatible with the mic used on early cars)

If you could get the latest Merc HFP for £100 then I'd says its better. But at £275 and a second-hand MB4 might be on ebay for £100 it does the same stuff

Last edited:

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
...But at £275 and a second-hand MB4 might be on ebay for £100 it does the same stuff

For that price I’d look to see if an Android unit would be suitable. It would offer so much more along with the phone integration.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
For that price I’d look to see if an Android unit would be suitable. It would offer so much more along with the phone integration.

oh, I'm with you. You mean replacement headunits. Yes lots of features... and Worth a try if no nav and the radio's bust. But what do they sound like? I guess you go from a reasonably decent valve amp sound quality (at gentle volume levels) to a £5 quid Alba radio with a popped capacitor, rising to a muddled screaming mess at 4/10 volume ?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom