Need help not sure what to do

Ben morris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
hi guys

I recently brought a lovely 2012 C220 cdi 6 months ago it’s an amazing car until 2 months in the engine management light came on and it went into “limp” mode contacted the garage I brought it off and they told me to bring it up phone call after phone call week after week turns out it was something to do with the turbo, anyway get the car back after the garage having it 5 weeks!! And all is good until 3 weeks ago the engine management light came on again so again I rang the garage took it up there ( after abit of arguing) turns out this time the gear box is slipping and needs a new one I’m still waiting for my car to be fixed and have been told it’s going to be another 2 weeks it’s getting to the point where they have had it in for repair longer than I’ve owned it!
I love mercs and have owned a few you can’t beat them I just don’t no what to do it feels like I’m on a never ending roundabout with the car and also the garage

Can someone suggest on what I’m best doing

Thanks
Ben

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
hi guys

I recently brought a lovely 2012 C220 cdi 6 months ago it’s an amazing car until 2 months in the engine management light came on and it went into “limp” mode contacted the garage I brought it off and they told me to bring it up phone call after phone call week after week turns out it was something to do with the turbo, anyway get the car back after the garage having it 5 weeks!! And all is good until 3 weeks ago the engine management light came on again so again I rang the garage took it up there ( after abit of arguing) turns out this time the gear box is slipping and needs a new one I’m still waiting for my car to be fixed and have been told it’s going to be another 2 weeks it’s getting to the point where they have had it in for repair longer than I’ve owned it!
I love mercs and have owned a few you can’t beat them I just don’t no what to do it feels like I’m on a never ending roundabout with the car and also the garage

Can someone suggest on what I’m best doing

Thanks
Ben

Contact the previous owner and ask him why he sold it Ben ?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Depends on what action you wish to take, You can reject the car as its not fit for purpose, if its on HP, then if the garage wont do anything you can contact the HP company as they legally own the car. You can allow the garage to fix the car and keep it,. But i would be talking to trading standards and the Citizens advice just to see what they think of the situation.

OP
B

Ben morris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
The mileage is 71k and it was not MB I got the car from it was evans halshaw

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Write to the dealer principle explaining the situation and the duration you’ve been without the car relative to ownership period and ask for a courtesy car, that should get their attention. I’d also be proactive and talk to the workshop manager and get a detailed assessment of the the fault with the car and what’s going on someone on EH’s side needs to take ownership of the situation

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hmmm...Evans Halshaw ^ as Malcolm +1

OP
B

Ben morris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
I got a courtesy car .... a corsa and I had to fight tooth and nail for that and they currently don’t have a manager the acting manager won’t take my calls or ring me back all abit of a joke really I spoke to the complaints department who also said they would ring me back but that was 7 days ago had I of known it would be like this I would of gone somewhere else

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I think going to Evans Halshaw was where it went wrong, all they are interested in is log em and flog em.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Document everything including dates and times. Put it in writing and send a recorded delivery letter to the dealer principal stating that you want the (insert what you want from them here) and that if this is not forthcoming in 7 days you will be rejecting the vehicle as being neither fit for purpose nor of merchantable quality.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Pendragon PLC own Evans Halshaw, probably a good time to contact them about the poor customer service you are/have experienced. I was particularly taken by the marketing speel on the EH website obviously not to be taken seriously

I would contact their head office.....

http://www.pendragonplc.com/contacts/

OP
B

Ben morris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
Thank you everyone for you help/advice I have contacted Evans halshaw about the rejection of the vechile ( got fobbed off) and I have also contacted pendragon aswell I will keep you updated on what the outcome is and again thank you everyone

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for you help/advice I have contacted Evans halshaw about the rejection of the vechile ( got fobbed off) and I have also contacted pendragon aswell I will keep you updated on what the outcome is and again thank you everyone

Good luck with it hopefully contacting Pendragon will highlight the abysmal performance of that particular dealership and help your cause

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom