Need help with limp mode!!

Eajaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 2006
Hi im a newbie and i dont know how to use this thread properly so apologies from the beginning.

I have a real headache with limp mode due to fault code 2355 check system exhaust gas re-circulation control. The air mass cannot be regulated, the air mass is too large.

i intially took the car in to replace a glow plug and an alternator pulley, the revs were slightly erratic also, gas mileage was 80% less than normal. the mechanic replaced the above but also mentioned doing something with the turbo actuator.

car went straight into limp mode after he finished with it, he no doubt took no responsibility can any one help?

i have replaced the MAF sensor but code still exists, will not rev over 2000 revs need help people i have checked myself for some loose pipes but cant see anything nor do i know where the actuator is

OP
E

Eajaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 2006
forgot to mention i have engine light on

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Hello & welcome. Your problem is a bit technical for me but someone will be along to help, but you might have to wait until tomorrow now as its getting rather late.

OP
E

Eajaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 2006
Hello & welcome. Your problem is a bit technical for me but someone will be along to help, but you might have to wait until tomorrow now as its getting rather late.

no problem thank you

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome!
Without wanting to sound like a broken record it needs on Star with someone who knows Mercedes
That code is EGR related so that’s certainly a good starting point and consistent with the limp and EML
It’s possible the DPF is clogged too

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
I have a similar problem on an unrelated turbo diesel vehicle...
Get a star diagnostic carried out!
  1. MAF - done
  2. Check for air leaks to pipes and hoses - need to be thorough!
  3. Check EGR valve and valve solenoid function
  4. Clear codes and run new diagnostic
EGR’s build up soot and start to stick open/closed on higher mileage diesels, they can be cleaned though. Check the solenoid/actuator is good to before throwing big money at the symptoms.
Hope it’s not turbo!

OP
E

Eajaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 2006
Welcome!
Without wanting to sound like a broken record it needs on Star with someone who knows Mercedes
That code is EGR related so that’s certainly a good starting point and consistent with the limp and EML
It’s possible the DPF is clogged too

thank you for your reply John, much appreciated, i will try have a look at the egr and see if it is stuck or needs cleaning etc, i do have a question - is the actuator an electronic part? if so can the setting for this part be manipulated from star diagnostic? i have a feeling the mechanic may have done this and i may be able to reset the values from star if possible???

thank you

OP
E

Eajaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 2006
thanks frosty i had a look from the top of the car for any air leaks etc by using a brake cleaner spray whilst idle (not a good idea i know but i was desperate!) but did not seem like there was a leak, i have tried to check for loose pipes from the top also but cant seem to find something i will however try to get the mechanic to have a look using a ramp again and check egr. i do however have a feeling the egr code is firing due to a loose pipe or something to do with the actuator as this is something the mechanic had touched, iv never had this problem before on this car so that is my guess but i am no expert! thanks again to everyone

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
'Last thing changed is first thing suspect.'

Always a good motto. If no limp symptoms were present before your mechanic worked on the car, and you're now getting eml and limp mode, then it's more than likely something he's changed or worked on.

Go back to him for starters. It's primarily his responsibility.

OP
E

Eajaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 2006
So replaced the egr valve and maf sensor today still limp mode! Does it take time to clear or is it looking like it's going to have to go into the stealers??? FYI hate egr!!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom