Need new MAF!

m3gt2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'68 E220 estate Premium Plus, Command Online with Virtual Cockpit, soft close doors and full ceramic
Just had this diagnosed as faulty. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they are made by Bosch and if you get just the sensor its about £50/60 not the £200+ at Mercedes, is this correct and if so what are the part numbers please? Or am I best just going down the Merc route? Cheers

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
Input your reg No. into Eurocarparts website. Select the Bosch option. Check the price, enter the discount code before buying. Click.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the actual sensor part has a Bosch part number then this can be bought from any Bosch service center for about £70,no part number then only complete and from ECP in the above post

AdamG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320CDI (2003)
The maf in the facelift w220 s320cdi OM648 engine is the one that comes complete with the tube only and is more expensive.

I looked for ages to find a genuine bosch insert but to no avail.

What makes you believe the maf has failed? Have you done the test on Star?

Also check the wiring to the maf plug as this can fatigue.

Adam

Last edited:
OP
M

m3gt2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'68 E220 estate Premium Plus, Command Online with Virtual Cockpit, soft close doors and full ceramic
Got incorrect readings when it went on Star but didnt have time to leave it to have wiring checked etc so swapped it with my other car and had no problems since, have had it plugged on Star again as I had no problems in a couple of weeks and with the other MAF the readings are correct.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Very seldom that STAR shows anything on the MAF

OP
M

m3gt2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The independent said you can take live data with Star, not that it was showing a fault code.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The independent said you can take live data with Star, not that it was showing a fault code.

Yes true, but also hard to work out

OP
M

m3gt2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You can measure the voltage on pin 5 the output pin,,, what is the problem on the car

OP
M

m3gt2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You can measure the voltage on pin 5 the output pin,,, what is the problem on the car

It seemed a little lumpy on idle and gentle acceleration, seemed to hold on to gears to long before kicking down and sometimes went into limp mode. It also came up showing codes for the inlet manifold flaps that was a faulty motor, which was changed, and EGR fault which was fine when checked. The independent thought that code could be a knock on result of the other problems. The other car i put the 'faulty' MAF on does now seem to hold on to gears to long but no other problems with that.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will try and find the voltage chart for pin5
The link between the MAF and the gearbox is purely engine output related, id the engine power is down the gearbox does not know what to do and often just locks up or holds gears for too long

OP
M

m3gt2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will try and find the voltage chart for pin5
The link between the MAF and the gearbox is purely engine output related, id the engine power is down the gearbox does not know what to do and often just locks up or holds gears for too long

Thanks that would be great!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom