New A-Class. I actually like it.

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
I really like it. i sat in one a little while back, I think it was at Goodwood FoS.

Apparently MB have received over 70,000 for this car and it has thus far only been unvailed in western europe....common as muck! WOuld very happily add my name to that list.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Rear quarter - side view still looks so VX Astra to me. Front is OK'ish.

I had to look twice when the advert came on the tv! Really thought it was for the Astra..

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
Great improvement from the old A Class which I never really liked. Looked a bit like a cross between a smart and a toy. I've got to say that I nearly like this.

Tony

clk208

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E220d estate, red, real wood, distronic plus, W219 CLS 350 CGI black/black
I like the front grille on this.

I saw an old R170 SLK which has a retrofit similar grille yesterday in Manchester - it looked pretty good.

Having a damaged grille on my CLS I was wondering if anyone had come across this style of grille aftermarket for sale?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It looks well enoughif its deserving of an MB badge in build, design and ride then its got my vote,
oh and its fixable without resorting to voodoo.

three pointed star

Reaction score
But do the seats come out, and will it carry a flat pack 3 seater garden swing? And no need to say that is the role of the B class now..The original A class was smaller and a marvel of engineering/packaging, that is what I want from Mercedes, genuine pioneering models, not just another ‘me too’, eurojap clone.

asinrutee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class coupe 2012
I too like the front grill, but I hate the info/nav screen, looks like a big flat slab stuck to the front of the dash - classless

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
But do the seats come out, and will it carry a flat pack 3 seater garden swing? And no need to say that is the role of the B class now..The original A class was smaller and a marvel of engineering/packaging, that is what I want from Mercedes, genuine pioneering models, not just another ‘me too’, eurojap clone.

I agree with everything you say,but it seems that over a million sold (from 2005 on) was not enough. MB seem determined to go for volume above all else. They hate the idea that BMW and Audi sell more. We must hope that this does not lead them to compromise standards, as has happened before.

Last edited:

jasonyw

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/1997/1.8;W211/2005/E200K
hey guys, all I read is the look, what about the technical aspects?

it is the same as the old model A-class sandwiched engine below the floorboard?

saw it advertised must be available for purchase in uk right now

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I would have one in a heart beat if it were RWD. At 27yo I am someone its aimed at. I'd want a RWD car, I'd expect it from MB or BMW. I'd expect if it were RWD to be a bit more cramped (not an issue) and a more fun steer (big issue)

As it were, bar styling and interior looks, I cannot see what it would give me over a lightly used C class or a new golf or 1 series BMW.

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Agreed. Let's hope the build quality is similar to C and E Class.
I think the whole range has been fine quality-wise since 2004,after the dark days for 6-7 years before that. But they need to maintain it, without pricing themselves out of the market. Not easy.

ashakeeluk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 CDI BlueEff Sport
Mercedes Benz Manchester have three in at the moment. I saw the A180CDI Sport looks nice compared to the old one, the other two are being showcased at the Trafford Centre. They are offering test drives from next week, so it will be interesting to see how it drives.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Mercedes Benz Manchester have three in at the moment. I saw the A180CDI Sport looks nice compared to the old one, the other two are being showcased at the Trafford Centre. They are offering test drives from next week, so it will be interesting to see how it drives.

Reading this weeks autocar they suggest normal suspension and 17s. The bigger wheels and firmer settings make it harsh.

Apparently it drives better than the rwd BMW 1series. From other press reviews the new 1er is a bit of a turkey but rwd cars tend to be more fun.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
From other press reviews the new 1er is a bit of a turkey but rwd cars tend to be more fun.

Depends what the reviewer is looking for in a car like the 1 series.
I would guess many just don't get it.

The 1 series is a fantastic car, just look at the review from Chris Harris up against the RS3, that is a standard M-Sport 135i agains Audis flagship RS model.

However, I don't think that most people really need or really want a car that handles that well though, for most, extra refinement and comfort is what a 'luxury' car is all about.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
If it has a Renault engine then presumably it won't have the timing chain and the benefits that go with those.

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
I'm surprised they've bought an engine in. I assumed they'd use the new generation of 4-pots from the 204 and 212

Top Bottom