New A45 S - Build Times

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I suppose that’s what it costs to join the 100bhp per cylinder set I’m quite happy with my 50 bhp on the BMW

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I suppose that’s what it costs to join the 100bhp per cylinder set I’m quite happy with my 50 bhp on the BMW
But if you had the dosh, Malcolm, you would wouldn't you?

Blakes737

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A45s
I too put an order in for an A45s back in Jul 20 with delivery expected Oct 20. This has been pushed back and back despite factories operating. I am told it was something to do with Merc stopping producing higher producing CO2 emitting vehicles at the back end of 2020. Now we’ve hit 2021 I’m hearing engine problems. Anyone know of or also experiencing issues with lead times for an A45s? Mine has been pushed back to Apr-Jun time, with still no build slot

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
The thread resurrection has brought it to my attention, so here is my observation. :)
The original poster joined on 1st April 2020, immediately made his first post then left and has never been seen or heard from again. Was he simply an April Fool? :D
The specific model in question has a current full retail price over just over £57k, which as said is a lot for an A Class. :shock:
Yes it may be the most powerful 4 cylinder engine in current road car production, but for that amount of money I don't think I could get past the fact that it is still a smallish hatchback.
I would have no problem in owning the same engine wrapped up in the much more stylish CLA body however. :cool:

Just to pre empt certain types of reply...yes I am fully aware what this amount of money (or less) would buy in a used car complete with 6 or 8 cylinders. :D
I need to stress that nothing short of an extremely large windfall would see me owning any car in this price range.

Last edited:

changchewsoon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 AMG CLA45 S
I actually put the deposit for my car in July 2019, was told that the shipping date would be sometime around March 2020, however due to covid-19 lockdown they only were able to deliver the car in Dec 2020.

So yeah, took them literally 17 months from accepting my booking to delivering the car.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I actually put the deposit for my car in July 2019, was told that the shipping date would be sometime around March 2020, however due to covid-19 lockdown they only were able to deliver the car in Dec 2020.

So yeah, took them literally 17 months from accepting my booking to delivering the car.

But was it worth the wait ? :)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

At least you chose the better model and never went for the hatchback. :cool:

Last edited:

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
That has completely confused me. :oops:
Well Ron as you know when you go into a shop and buy certain things, the size has got smaller more packaging and price gone up, we all pay more for our council tax bill but seem to get less service for it?and if you want a small high performance hatch back with big wheels, low profile tyres, hard suspension with a spine jarring ride then you have to cough up more money for it, simples :)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well Ron as you know when you go into a shop and buy certain things, the size has got smaller more packaging and price gone up, we all pay more for our council tax bill but seem to get less service for it?and if you want a small high performance hatch back with big wheels, low profile tyres, hard suspension with a spine jarring ride then you have to cough up more money for it, simples :)
Yes i understand the meaning behind the saying "less is more", but my confusion with using it here comes from - the hatchback in this case is smaller and cheaper. :p

Top Bottom