New Benz owner intro! pics!

94C250

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Adam and i recently purchased a 1994 Mercedes C250 diesel. Car has AMG aero packago and amg 17" wheels.

Looking forward to reading lots of info on the site.

BTW, can anyone tell me the Bosch part # for the glow plugs for this car, it has a 2.5L non-turbo diesel engine. Also, any engine oil recommendations?

benz13.jpg

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Looks like its a nice one!

Welcome to the forums!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome with that very nice example.

Re the oils there are plenty around that meet the 229.1 spec, it always says in the can, from about £17 for 4-5 liters

OP

94C250

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

I found some Lubro Molly Vollsynthese 5w40, will that work?

OP

94C250

Reaction score
Ahahahha, I don't even have the car yet. Its in transit to Canada from Japan. Should receive it in Mid June ; - )

three pointed star

Reaction score
Great Cars. What a rare find though, a 2.5 diesel (non turbo at that), with an AMG kit. Do You know if this was factory fitted or after market?

OP

94C250

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, i believe it was added after! I'm excited, picking it up on Monday!!!!!!

OP

94C250

Reaction score
Nope, i had a few RHD cars already, we can import them here as long as they are 15yrs old from the date of manufacture.

The car is kick ass, but painfully slow! Anybody ever done the turbo conversion from the next years model on these?

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
If you change the three fuel filters you will find this makes a big difference in performance, one in fuel tank, one small one under air filter, large main one. Hope this helps

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
If you change the three fuel filters you will find this makes a big difference in performance, one in fuel tank, one small one under air filter, large main one. Hope this helps

Well said Brian - engine hygiene is all important with a diesel and can be one of the first things to suffer if servicing is not done correctly and on time.

Having said that, the non turbo charged C250 will not win prizes for acceleration and that might be particularly conspicuous in North America, where engine capacities, performance and contempt for fuel economy are legendary.

If the OP accepts that acceleration is what it is, but the car will cruise all day at well above the Canadian legal maximum, whilst delivering fuel economy to astonish his friends, that is about where it will be.

A different style of motoring but one he will learn to love.

OP

94C250

Reaction score
Excellent information guys! I will replace all the fuel filters, i already change the air filter and did an oil change when i picked it up.

I noticed the car shakes quite hard when in drive and stopped, it doesn't do it in reverse, i suspect some bushing might be on the way out, any thoughts?

I will pick up some updated picks soon, got some brabus monoblock iv's!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom