New CL55 owner,is it possible to reprogram a s/h keyless go card?

davis810

Reaction score
Ive just bought a CL55 AMG and only have the 1 remote key.I would like to get the keyless go card.And wanted to know if i could get a second hand kepless go card re programmed.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,,,does the car have keyless go ,,it is not something that you can do with a key,,it needs to be wired for it

OP
D

davis810

Reaction score
yes its got thepush button on top of the gear selector so i presume it has.

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
My CLK had that - I'm not sure if it works with a card (mine only had keys).

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK then you have,,it is something that I use all of the time.

On cars made after or early in 2003 they key is the keyless go, it is all in the key.

Cars before this have the Keyless go card, they cost about £100 and have to be programmed to the car on STAR.

To test the key that you have to see if it is keyless go, just have the key in your pocket, foot on the brake and press the button, and the car should start. you also have the press button on the door handle that locks the car, and you just touch the handle to open it, and unlock

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
There should also be a button next to the boot handle which locks the car.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
the short answer is no, unless other members know better keys are vehicle specific for very obvious security reasons. to get new keys the registered vehicle keeper must produce various pieces of identifying paperwork (eg passport, licence, utilities bill etc) in order to purchase said key/s. the keys come direct from germany coded to one of the spare key tracks in your ezs module.

ebay listings show many s/h keys for sale, as far as i know these can only be used for the original vehicle they were coded for. anyone know different?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the short answer is no, unless other members know better keys are vehicle specific for very obvious security reasons. to get new keys the registered vehicle keeper must produce various pieces of identifying paperwork (eg passport, licence, utilities bill etc) in order to purchase said key/s. the keys come direct from germany coded to one of the spare key tracks in your ezs module.

ebay listings show many s/h keys for sale, as far as i know these can only be used for the original vehicle they were coded for. anyone know different?

Just adding that normal keys come from Germany and work immediately, but keyless cards and keys have to be programmed on the car by the dealer.

The Ebay keys make a good source of spare parts, like the case, and I use some parts when repairing others

Top Bottom