new CLK owner

sheargenius14267

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320elegance/2004
Hi, I have just bought my dream car....It's the CLK 320 Elegance, I have had a few teething problems, only had it 2 weeks to be fair the dealer I bought it from has sorted any little issues I had, apart from we have just had 2 days of rain, and I have a leak (sorry, forgot to mention it's a convertible) on the passenger side where the roof joins the passenger window. He says it needs silicone grease, any others out there had the problem and is it more serious than he is making out? Would appreciate some feedback as have ordered the 'grease' but seems sad that having just spent all the money I have this problem arising. Hope to hear from someone who can help! Jane

Benzworx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 55 amg
Hi and welcome it will be the window rubber seal needs replacing

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
I agree with the other guys but it might be worth exploring using something like Gummiplege on the rubbers to see if thats a cheap fix. I wouldnt hold out too much hope for that working though but it might be worth a try.

OP
S

sheargenius14267

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320elegance/2004
new clk owner Jane

thanks you guys, the dealer sprayed some stuff on it and this morning the roof has collected rain where the spray has been, dealer trying to bodge up but now can tell him the seal needs replacing THANK YOU

Top Bottom