New DVLA Scam

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
I received the below today....

upload_2018-10-5_15-53-40.png

As an email it’s not bad with a link to provide all your secret credit card details and will doubtless fool a few...
:oops::mad:
Warn the vulnerable ones you know:rolleyes::)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Thought it was the one where you cant sell a car with tax but you only get refunded the full months but the new owner also cant drive the without tax but has to tax it from the beginning of the month, Double bubble for the dvla

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Did this come through Hotmail ?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Remarkable what these scam artists come up with ...

Luckily, I have a hundred different email addresses on my two domains (downsized from six recently), so every supplier, subject, government agency, insurer, bank, etc, etc have their "own" email - works well with automated filtering, into the relevant folders too.

If a particular address becomes too exposed to spam, I just kill it, and setup a new, similar one.

So, when I get an email from "PayPal" or "Apple", addressed to trains@ ... I just laugh, and also know, whose database been compromised - hello London Midland Trains, no wonder you went out of business. :)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
ive not had this one as yet , no that I would ever think that any .Gov organisation would ever refund me anything anyway

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
These things almost always seem to come through Hotmail, I don't use it anymore, I stick to Gmail now, it seems to have much better filters.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
These things almost always seem to come through Hotmail, I don't use it anymore, I stick to Gmail now, it seems to have much better filters.
Gmail does seem to work well, although does tend to throw some stuff into Spam when it isn't. No big deal though.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Forgot to mention - this particular scam won't work with me anyway, as I do actually have a Gateway ID - set it up a good few years ago, when FCO insisted (strongly suggested is the term) on registration of Brits, residing overseas ... Had just renewed my DL and the ID is still valid and worked fine to login, etc.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I am on Gmail & my spam box has been empty for months.

Funny - I'm also on GMail and the spam folder is usually empty but I just had a little swirl and got 29 - all rubbish, the filter works very well indeed. I'm so used to not having negative-spam that I only look at it every 2 or 3 months.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
The big problem with Gmail is that Google allows their employees to be able to access/ hack, into gmail accounts, And the scammers are now aware of this loophole and will now ask for your gmail account or 'hangout' and then they just hack in there and hope to find out all your bank details and passwords etc.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom