NEW FACELIFT E CLASS 2013...

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
I don't think they do change that often, most models run for 8 years, facelift every 4 years.
They are in the business of selling cars, they have to change them to keep sales going and desirability high.

We live in a world of desirable products mainly being on annual lifecycles, whether that be phones, TVs, iPads (hmmm, couldn't resist), computers, watches (with the exception of clssics) bikes etc. etc.

If the design and tooling costs were not so expensive I am sure car makers would love to bring out a new model every year, I think 8 years is a long time, and 4 years for a facelift is about right. In Europe with their 2 year warranty 4 year facelifts make more sense, a bit annoying in the UK with 3 years as we swap cars and tend to look at other models as we can't order the facelift/new car yet but have seen the images and know it is coming, and do you want to drop £30,000+ on a car that will be old a few months after you collect it?
I genuinely think if brands gave us 4 years warranty they would hold onto customers better, if you ran a car for 4 years and then got the new model you would be more obliged to stick with a marque, I know I would.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The 210 had a 6 year run, 202 ,7 years, 230, 6½ years, 220, 7 years, 215, 6 years.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
But it is not that quick a turn around, compared with many items we buy. I would love them to run them for 12 years or so, but they need to get people wanting to buy something new.

OP
N

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
Here is another clear shot of the front look of the new E Class with new headlamps, they are not 2 separated lights anymore ;-(

Attachments

• facelifted-Mercedes-E-Class.jpg
    facelifted-Mercedes-E-Class.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That must be a photshop as it looks all disjointed.

OP
N

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
this could be, but I think it is a more realistic final version of what the car will look like getting rid of the 2 headlamps and putting one main one on each side.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom