New Look MOT Certificate

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The problem is finding the thing, then Vodaphone will have taken all the money as I never use it

taxii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200, 1996, 2000
Miffy's correct. it just comes through as a rather weird computerised voice. Iv'e never tried lol on it though which I might try later for a laugh.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
But you can easily check its veracity online, hence no longer the need for a watermarked/ embossed sheet

Yes - although it says "Certificate" on it, apparently it isn't - it's a reciept. The official record is held on computer.

No one one seems clear on whether the old system of the MOT still being valid until its expiry date even if the car failed still applies. With the new system, once the car has failed, the computer will show it as an MOT failure.

busters the boy!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230e
Not everybody has a smart phone or whatever they're called. Not everybody has internet access either. If you're out and about buying a used car and the seller hands over a fake MOT, you can't check it there and then. Same with the old ones of course, but at least they were hard to fake. You could make one of these at home. I don't like them.

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
What I was quite surprised about when I got mine this year - nothing regarding the emissions. Now, I thought this was one of the most important things about the MOT (according to the gov't anyway) so kind of expected to see some results regarding it.

I had to request a photocopy of the till roll type emissions test output (I wanted to see what difference the EGR mod had made).

Dave

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
What I was quite surprised about when I got mine this year - nothing regarding the emissions. Now, I thought this was one of the most important things about the MOT (according to the gov't anyway) so kind of expected to see some results regarding it.

I had to request a photocopy of the till roll type emissions test output (I wanted to see what difference the EGR mod had made).

Dave

I get a full A4 sheet printout of the emissions test. But my local MOT station is all computerised now. Even testing the brakes is done under instruction of the computer.

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
I thought my E class could be programed with MOT reminder date to appear on the display?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I thought my E class could be programed with MOT reminder date to appear on the display?

You thought?

Why did you think that? Would it be detailed in the owner's handbook, if possible? A useful feature for sure!

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
In the Operation/service section of my book under the heading 'Setting due dates', it says you can use Assyst Plus to set the general inspection and EXHAUST GAS ANALYSIS due dates. I think when I bought the car from MB the sales manager mentioned setting the MOT due date a few days early so I suppose he was referring to the gas analysis.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom