New Member - London - R107

silvereagle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W111 R107 W123
Just registered, hello all. I am just starting to restore a 1985 300SL. I have come here to seek some inspiration and advice. Can anyone recommend a supplier of replacement panels? Are any still available from what was previously called Hadrien panels? Has anyone else experience with using panels that are still available?

Cheers, Dave

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
welcome aboard

we SL types must stick together.

you won't like this ( well, your wallet won't) but the only way to go is MB original. I was sourcing the parts for restoring mine may years ago. i found an MB original front wing heavily reduced by an MB dealer de-stocking, but could only find a pattern part for the other side. Comparing the two made me bite the bullet and pay full whack at the dealer for another original.

Having said that, these beauties are sadly being broken up all the time. A dedicated search of a well-known auction site might well find you what you need in better condition that what your are fixing.

Try MB always for a reference price, then SLS Hamburg. and the interweb. and the SL shop. and R107parts ltd. and retrodave...I could go on and on.
Germany is a particularly rich source of parts, new and used.

Keep us posted with progress.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi silvereagle, welcome to the forum :)

Top Bottom