New member new to clk world all be it an old one!

Lee Hood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK220 CDI
Good evening all new here just bought a CLK 220CDI Old 57 plate having issues with auto headlights inoperative although they always are on when I set to auto thanks to dark miserable days so they seem to active anyway I have tried a second hand unit which was advised as tested/working I have fault code B1080 communication fault to rain light sensor does this sound more like a wiring issue? I went straight for sensor could this be a simple fuse issue I see people talking about SAMS I havnt a clue what these are any information would be greatly appreciated also the auto wipers don’t work at all but do work from the stalk I’m guessing they are linked? I’m thinking it’s maybe the auto wiper issue causing the auto light issue

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

SAM - Signal Acquisition Module - takes the individual readings from around the car, then sticks it onto a multiplex into the ECU

Works well until they get wet...

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Has the windscreen been replaced and the sensor unit not positioned or reinstalled correctly?

OP
L

Lee Hood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK220 CDI
Hello and welcome

SAM - Signal Acquisition Module - takes the individual readings from around the car, then sticks it onto a multiplex into the ECU

Works well until they get wet...

Without sounding thick is this basically a Body control module that I’m guessing if gone would need programmed by merc or somebody with a star machine and will cost ****** fortunes?

OP
L

Lee Hood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK220 CDI
Has the windscreen been replaced and the sensor unit not positioned or reinstalled correctly?

the windscreen looks original to be fair I have changed the model but not removed from screen to avoid being out of alignment that obviously guessing the screen is intact original are these sensors usually plug and play or do they need programmed ?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. I can’t help with your problem but you’ve come to the right place.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There are a group of sensors on the windscreen just behind the rear view mirror. If the windscreen has been replaced they're likely not set up correctly.
The sensors are used for auto wipers and headlights.

OP
L

Lee Hood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK220 CDI
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. I can’t help with your problem but you’ve come to the right place.

hopefully I will get sorted

OP
L

Lee Hood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK220 CDI
There are a group of sensors on the windscreen just behind the rear view mirror. If the windscreen has been replaced they're likely not set up correctly.
The sensors are used for auto wipers and headlights.
I’ve been through a few a lot of ppl are saying about setting them up

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Good evening all new here just bought a CLK 220CDI Old 57 plate having issues with auto headlights inoperative although they always are on when I set to auto thanks to dark miserable days so they seem to active anyway I have tried a second hand unit which was advised as tested/working I have fault code B1080 communication fault to rain light sensor does this sound more like a wiring issue? I went straight for sensor could this be a simple fuse issue I see people talking about SAMS I havnt a clue what these are any information would be greatly appreciated also the auto wipers don’t work at all but do work from the stalk I’m guessing they are linked? I’m thinking it’s maybe the auto wiper issue causing the auto light issue
Have a look at this maybe of help.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom