New member, new to Merc

OP
R

RichardSEL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320
My roof switch is sprung to centre alright (except it just flashes when I try to raise the soft top no motor runs -- for an indie to see when I find a good one southeast London or north Kent this week) It's the roll-over bar switch that has that behaviour

There's some form of syrupy substance in the coolant resovoir, so mebe a previous has used some other form of inhibitor in it causing lower natural running temps? It's a clear fluid

Just wondering whether the fan's viscious coupling is on the way out to have caused the rise to 120º when in hot stop-go traffic earlier on south circular. That temp fell back to 80º when I put the idle revs up to 1500 or so.
Your reply lifts my worry on that :rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
AMF in North Kent area would be my pick. Alex is a regular on here.

OP
R

RichardSEL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320
AMF in North Kent area would be my pick. Alex is a regular on here.

Just spoken with them, made me feel immediately welcome on the 'phone, seeing them tomorrow. MF

OP
R

RichardSEL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320
Had a pleasant afternoon down at AMF's new workshop outside Tonbridge for BarBQ and chinwag. Thanks to Kerri and Alex for being such genial hosts --

The more I drive this 2005 Dreamwerks-converted R129 the better it seems to get. Not sure about the SS exhausts though. Think I grew out of them a few years ago -- say about 30? :rolleyes:

Mine's just as good as the other beautiful examples on display. (yeah right...):
mercedes--benz-sl320 cat2.jpg

More pix of the day wanted to post on here?

OP
R

RichardSEL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320
Anyone know of a good site for a circuit -- the WIS volumes I've seen (2018 editions) seem not to list SL320 (R129)

Someone previous installed a Pioneer to replace the OEM head unit, got the power side installed OK but completely co... erm, made a mess of the speaker connections so have to trace from each door card the mid-range and tweeter wires thru the door jams. But don't know the wire colours

Someone previous also fu... erm, made a mess of the NSR wiring cluster wiring -- the NS reversing light flashes instead of the NS indicator. All the wires going to the rear plug are grey <groan!>

OP
R

RichardSEL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320
Anyone know of a good site for a circuit -- the WIS volumes I've seen (2018 editions) seem not to list SL320 (R129)

Someone previous installed a Pioneer to replace the OEM head unit, got the power side installed OK but completely co... erm, made a mess of the speaker connections so have to trace from each door card the mid-range and tweeter wires thru the door jams. But don't know the wire colours

Someone previous also fu... erm, made a mess of the NSR wiring cluster wiring -- the NS reversing light flashes instead of the NS indicator. All the wires going to the rear plug are grey <groan!>

Anyone? Even for the R129's rear light cluster alone would be a help.
When / did they change to using the top cluster for brake light and using the old brake lights for rear fogs only? Sounds like a good idea as the old position of brake lights seems too low to me...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom