New Merc Owner - Introduction & Pictures

stevon

Reaction score
Noticed someone else did this so thought I'd be a copy cat.

Yesterday I became the proud owner of a 1985 190 mk2 Mercedes Benz. It's had a LOT of work done to it recently including refurbished alloys, whole new paint job, an attempt to make it look Cosworth-esque, replaced head, new exhaust and millions more. I'll get round to posting a comprehensive list of the work done.

Anyway, I'm Stephen, I'm 20 years of age, I'm from Fife, Scotland and I love my new motor. I've found this site useful already (having had a quick browse) and look forward to contributing and benefiting from this forum :)

Anyway, here's a few photos, let me know what you think. The missing wheelcaps are now on, for anyone with an eye for detail! I'm going to give it a proper polish and what not today before taking anymore photos, these are the ones that I saw before I went to buy the car, really don't do it justice at all!

!BURqckwCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmYd13BKMqoGbRDQ~~_1.JPG

!BURrJ1gBmk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,3Y5BKMqqi4FN!~~_1.JPG

!BURqOrwBGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLm,etkBKMqnUWs4w~~_1.JPG

More on the way!

Thanks,
Stephen

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Yesterday I became the proud owner of a 1985 190 mk2 Mercedes Benz. It's had a LOT of work done to it recently including refurbished alloys, whole new paint job, an attempt to make it look Cosworth-esque, replaced head, new exhaust and millions more. I'll get round to posting a comprehensive list of the work done.

Anyway, I'm Stephen, I'm 20 years of age, I'm from Fife, Scotland and I love my new motor. I've found this site useful already (having had a quick browse) and look forward to contributing and benefiting from this forum :)
Stephen

Welcome to the Forum Stephen. Great car and a great choice. A recent thread on the Forum was debating the price of such cars. An owner was looking for a higher sale price than most of us felt possible.

We concluded that these cars have suffered price depreciation (like any other) but many are still in wonderful condition - thus representing the best lbs for £ value you can get in any car today.

We look forward to hearing more about yours, and to seeing these extra pics.

OP
S

stevon

Reaction score
Thanks!

Went off to hunt that thread down, great read. I have to agree with your sentiments, for the money I paid for this I can't believe the value. A few nigly problems (thread coming soon!) but for a car that's almost 25 years old I can't believe the quality of it - don't think I'll go back to anything else now, repair costs permitting! Definately a buyers market, unfortionately for some, fortionately for others.

This seems to have mental money put behind it and the guy I bought it off clearly didn't want to sell and to be honest, I don't think I could bring myself to sell this for double what he sold it to me for, it just seems to be worth so much more.

I'll hopefully get the pictures sorted out later today :)

OP
S

stevon

Reaction score
More photos, had to use the Blackberry so hope the quality is okay :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 24

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG

Buying your first merc at age of 20??? Seems like you are maturing fast. You will enjoy the car as thats probably the best shape ever with old retro look.

Top Bottom