New Mercedes-Benz C300de one day only

Linda 789

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Amgc300de20212000
Hi I am Linda
I had my first ever Mercedes delivered Wednesday and Thursday the engine cut out in the middle of traffic lights. I got her started and drove home. The following day start her up and red screen on dash all bells going , called breakdown sos still on my drive.
A technician arrived, no don't know what it is off we go to Derby Mercedes, replacement car is a VW Passat estate !!! Where is like for like no they don't have any it's the weekend !
No one has apologised I have always had BMW and my last Audi 4x4 no problems !!
I want to weep my first Mercedes
Inconvenience and now if nI get it back I will be weary of driving will it break down again .
Can they give me a new car ? I haven't even paid the deposit yet !! That goes out of my bank next week.
Who do I rattle to get answers, leased through a leasing company . Help anybody.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

I've found MB Derby very good to deal with. Is it new or second hand? If new just send it back, if second hand as likely as not its been sat around awhile and the battery may well be knackered.
Very bold and brave choice is a diesel hybrid (from any manufacturer)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hello and welcome. Do you have an option to cancel the lease within a cooling off period (perhaps 14 days?).

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Welcome, Linda. :)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Point out that, they can fix it, at no costs to you. And the cooling off period. If existing is started again from when they rtn the car, when it comes back drive the nuts off it till last day you can refuse it. If OK yr prob OK. If twas me no cash wud go out of my account until I am in a working car.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
You have received some very constructive advice and I would make sure you document every incident and make it clear in a polite manner how unhappy you are about this issue. Might I respectfully add that we do not live in a perfect World and new cars can and do breakdown. That is an unavoidable fact of life and this is where we get to the nitty gritty. The car has broken down and to me this also now becomes a customer relations exercise. It is how you are treated that can effect your future attitude toward the marque.

Getting a VW as a replacement vehicle.
You have not mentioned if this was supplied by the dealership, or Mobilio, my guess would be Mobilio and if so, we have Enterprise that supply the courtesy car and their management can be plain lazy and fob you off with any brand of vehicle they feel like handing out to you. If this were to happen again, be firm with them and tell them exactly what you want, namely a like for like replacement (hybrid Mercedes might be difficult). It might take a little longer whilst they source a vehicle but they should get you your Mercedes.

Now your chance for a bit of fun
I think the Mobilio car scheme only lastsd for three days but please check. On the third day, if and when the dealership contact you and say they need to hold onto the car a little longer and the Mobilio vehicle needs to be returned. Then thank them for letting you know and, politely point out that Mobilio supplied you with a VW which was a bad experience and is there any chance of having a ***** please? *** Insert whatever Mercedes you want to play with. The dealer will have a small fleet of demonstrators, plus their senior staff have company vehicles so amongst this fleet, they should be able to grant your request. If they do not do this, then I would be more than a little unhappy.

Politeness but being firm, and any complaints you have put them in writing. I have a very nice relationship with our local dealership even though our latest E-class was purchased elsewhere. Can this be because, yes I have complained on a number of occasions, but.... Politeness maketh man and whenever we have had a nice experience, I have written a letter to the managing director detailing this nice experience and naming the employee. EVERY time we have had a nice reply thanking us for what we have said and our letter has been forwarded to the relevant department.

Good luck and try to not get too frustrated by this unfortunate experience. .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom