New owner of a 1993 C140 V12

Fais85

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S600 / 1993/ w140
Hi all

So brought a project few weeks back hopefully not one I will regret.... My first dip into the world of 90's built like a tank Mercs, after owning a GL, so this is only my second Benz and my first to get my hands dirty on...:confused:

engine harness:
I believe she needs a new engine harness part of it has been replaced, injector cables look new. However after checking some other cables I noticed they are deteriorating, after a quick look I believe they lead to the MAF sensor and throttle body, didn't want to disturb them too much, till I have a solution, which I guess is paying the stealer A LOT of £££££££, last resort!!!!!
So sourcing one from somewhere or getting one made up??

Engine surge:
After along trip i noticed the engine was surging when idling so while I was admiring the V12 I thought I'd clean the MAF sensors no luck, I guess next step will be look for any vacuum leaks, anything else i should be looking for??

Wheels..
Even though this has been one of my dream cars. After looking at it for a few days I come to the conclusion I don't like the way she sits.
It needs bigger and wider wheels. Ideally getting the wheels flush with the fenders. I know a lot of you would suggest keep it stock and enjoy the ride, it's just my preference.. any advice on sizes would be great.

GRILL
IT NEEDS A NEW GRILL, CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ONE ANYWHERE!!!

Any and every help would be great.

Thanks

Fais85

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Try 140spares they should be able to help with some of the above

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi, Fais85, welcome to the forum :)

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
Uneven idle is often air leaks into the inlet manifold or split/disconnected pipes that connect to it.

Try unplugging (and marking!) all of them and plug the open ports to see if things improve.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
To get the look sorted talk to Sileck in Kent.
They refurbished my 129 harness and also the throttle body harness and it runs far better now.
You'll need to remove the harness and send it to them and they return it in a couple, of weeks (well they did mine).

OP
F

Fais85

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S600 / 1993/ w140
Thanks guys, will hopefully have a crack at it sometime in the weekend, will keep you informed..
Will for sure give 140spares a call and sileck.

OP
F

Fais85

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S600 / 1993/ w140
Quick up date:

MAF sensor wiring harness: being replaced by Eaton Automotive services Nuneaton
Also going to have a look at the lower harness.
On one of the cylinders the HT Lead not pushing fitting on right just does not push push down right.

Slight leak on the the transmission.

140 spares have been great with advice and getting hold of a grill..
Will Keep you guys updated.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom