1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New stereo

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by recoil, Oct 30, 2012.

1. recoil

recoil Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2003 E320 CDI
    I want to upgrade my stereo. I tried FM modulator things to get my iPod in, but there all rubbish. Also Bluetooth phone connection would be nice.

My question will the JVC KD-R431 fit in my car, and will I still be able to use all of the steering wheel controls. If not can someone give me a few options of stereos that will work. Thanks.

2. Wheel

Wheel Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes B200 Sport
    Fit should be fine, if it isn't exactly the right size there are numerous aftermarket fascia plates available to make it fit, which will cost not much more than a tenner. You'll need a steering wheel adaptor to make the steering wheel controls work, but these aren't expensive.

The only thing that won't work anymore is if your car has a display for the station name in the instrument cluster it will be replaced with ----- or similar, but hardly a big deal as the radio head unit will obviously still have a working display.

Word of warning the JVC head unit you mention above, the JVC KD-R431 doesn't come with Bluetooth, it requires a seperately sold Bluetooth USB adaptor (approx £30) to be compatible. Personally, I don't like the modern JVC Bluetooth adaptors as they microphone isn't as discrete as their older ones because they now include some telephone controls on it, so it's harder to hide. As the radio has a single USB socket this means you can't be hands free and plug in something else like a MP3 memory stick at the same time.

3. turbopete

turbopete Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 '60' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Zetec (sorry)
    you may be better off with a parrot kit that has inputs for your ipod (sorry i cant remember what models do this)

4. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    I've not got or used one, but this http://www.dndservices.co.uk/am-88t.html seems to get a good name. And DND Services are just up the road from you.

(I've no connection with them other than Dave is a member of A N Other forum ;))

5. npuk

npuk Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012