New tailgate lock ordered for W211

Jason Evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI
Hi Guys,

Just ordered a new "soft close lock" from Mercedes as mine has given up the ghost and now won't look the tailgate or soft close. Currently held down with a rachet strap to stop the tailgate lifting over speed bumps etc.

I was going to go second hand with the part but they all seemed to be the same age so was worried it may happen again and price wise there between £180-£240.

A new one from Meceredes is £260+vat so opted for that.
Should arrive within two days .

Fingers crossed i'll be able to open the tailgate again after fitting .

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
did you ask for discount ?

OP
Jason Evans

Jason Evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI
Yes and they said there is no movement as it's a special order part. ( There prob fibbing but I can't be asred at this stage , I just want my tailgate to work again :) )

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Yep ........... special order no discount and non returnable.

Is what all parts dept at main dealers tell you.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom