New to the world of MB

MotoPL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 GLC350D
Just got my first Merc and thought I'd say hello, so "Hello!"

I have myself a GLC 350D AMG-Line Premium Plus (plus running boards, intelligent lights and 20" alloys) in Brilliant Blue. Absolutely love it!

First thing I have to say is that the engine is sweet and more than makes up for the iffy mpg. Also the intelligent headlights are incredible - as most of my driving is on unlit lanes and B-roads, good lighting is essential.

Was nearly put off buying it due to the well documented crabbing issue, but never noticed it on the test drive despite lots of tight manoeuvres, and the amount of full lock driving I do is negligible anyway. And of the alternative cars I looked at (X3 and Toureg), neither gave me the 'Wow' factor I got when I sat in the GLC.

So 500 miles into ownership and I can't say I've noticed crabbing/juddering occurring even once - despite the freezing temperatures (and slush/ice) when I collected it. Only times I use full lock are turning into my parking space at work, and turning onto my drive at home (which is gravel anyway so not going to be an issue). But so far so good! (But will keep an eye on tyre wear)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi MotoPL, welcome to the forum and the world of MB :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Welcome, epic engine to put in that car

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome great choice and nice someone has chosen other than the usual 220, the 350 will work beautifully in that car

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Great colour choice on the bodywork, what interior colour?

OP
MotoPL

MotoPL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 GLC350D
My budget had run out before I could change from the standard black :)

ANDREWSKIPTON

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 BlueTec Saloon
Hi

I'm a newbie too to the forum! I'm a proud member of a 2015 C220 although I don't look after her as I should! Its a very reliable family car - looks like one too from the interior! I'm looking forward to reading the threads and other people's news!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum :)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom