New (used) car for my youngest lad.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Me too! My first car was six months older than me, a 1959 mini with the push button in the floor starter, lol.

My 1st car was a 1972 MKIII Cortina & was 10 yr old when I bought it. It was £385 and if truth be known was fubar'd when I bought it but I had it for years .... the kind of car that you could learn on and weren't frightened of leaving it anywhere. It could be opened & started with anything that even resembled a key :D

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
My 1st car was a 1972 MKIII Cortina & was 10 yr old when I bought it. It was £385 and if truth be known was fubar'd when I bought it but I had it for years .... the kind of car that you could learn on and weren't frightened of leaving it anywhere. It could be opened & started with anything that even resembled a key :D

My Mini was the same lol, you could open and start it with a flat bladed screw driver. The windows were the sliding type and you could open them just by pressing hard on them. It was seventeen years old after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Aah families I have a liar, a thief, a con man,a bully of women and children attached to me,
so my tongue was bitten but now I am more vocal and do not want to see or hear about him till he's locked up.

It’s a bugger when you have to bite your tongue like that. Just a shame we can’t pick our relatives

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good luck to Stuart, happy and safe motoring.

Thanks Vincente , I’ll pass on your best wishes.

Last edited:
OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Due to the weird shifts he works, Stuart when not working early, rarely surfaces before 1300/1400 hours.

My wife told me he was up, washed, dressed and raring to go for 11.30am this morning :shock: :D

I felt like asking, "Ok who are you and what have you done with Stuart?" :D:D:D

She also informed me, when he left to go visiting his best bud, that he had the silliest big grin on his face possible.

I only wish I had been here to see it for myself, lol. He's clearly delighted with the car, as Swmbo said she's not seen him for most of the day.

I suppose the novelty will wear off soon. :rolleyes:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom