New ways of raising money

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
I'm fed up of all this green thing.
Defacing the landscape.
Restricting the rights of individuals.
1001 ways to grab extra tax to be spent on lowlife.

Why do we accept such rubbish in this country?

A survey suggested that 63% of businesses will move out if this tax is brought in.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
the green tax malarkey is rediculous! i work to buy my car. i cant afford to enjoy it now! i need my car to get to work (when i have any) and to visit my family as my dad suffers from multiple sclerosis. i cant even afford that! i need to work but the cost of travelling is too prohibitive, i need to see my family but where they live has few if any public transport links (viable ones at any rate) so what exactly are we meant to do? go back to the days where an adventure was to visit the next town? where everything was available on your high street (unlike rural cumbria!) we are not all city dwellers. there is life north of the watford gap, and no manchester blackpool and newcastle arent the only places that exist up north! time the government tried living in this area, on a typical persons' salary then lets see how much theyd want petrol prices altered by and in which direction! same goes for any green person that believes you dont need a car wherever you live! i know people whos nearest shop of any description is 8MILES away! no bus link, in severe winters people were stranded in their homes for weeks at a time. cars were and still are essential to people in rural britain. if the government, the green party etc etc think otherwise, fine. come and try it. live the life, on the wages most people earn, for a year. or even a month when the weather is rough. then tell me we can and should use our cars less!

tax us for parking? now theyre really taking the p***

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
Clueless, overpaid, London-centric soundbite.

I live where there IS useless public transport (first bus is 9:25am and last is 6:30 pm and 5 each way per day - then I need to change buses yet I'm less than 10 miles from the office).

Cycling is only for the death-defying fitness freaks due to the "F1/Top Gear" effect.

Mind you, if petrol is running out within 10 years then maybe the roads will have less cars and it maybe safer to cycle.

C

C180 Chris

The Government can do what they like with public transport but the truth of it is that i, and many people like me will never use it as it is in my opinion smelly, dirty, poorly ran, and worthless!

Why would i pay to be pushed into a filthy heap with a whole load of people that i have never met before, then to be taken on a protracted route to get to the place i wish to go to. I would be stressed,late and filthy by the time i arrived!!
I live in a city with "excellent transport links" God only knows how the government think i would manage without a vehicle if i lived in the more rural area's
The top and bottom of it is that for me, they will never ever get me out of my car unless they stop selling petrol all together and make it illegal to own a car.
Another point that is lost on me is the hatred of the four wheel drive.
Why are the taxed so highly? the only space that a range rover takes up more than my 'S' class is height, and as far as i am aware we are not stuck for space in that dimension and we don't need low cars to "save the world"

The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that by the time the government plan to bring all of this cr4p in, they SHOULD be only a distant memory............Fingers crossed that these looney's are kicked into touch, but that is up to US.

LSD

Reaction score
So you run a business, employ some people, invest a lot of money in assets in the form of an office or works including space for parking (and pay the large rates that said assets already incur). The "Government" then comes along and makes cost-free money from the assets YOU invested in right off your back, by the compulsive muscle of legislation.

It is barely removed in vein from the Mafia concept of protection money.

The fact these ideas are even aired, whether they come to fruition in this exact form or not, shows the easy meat we've become, and worse, the easy meat we are perceived as being. The fact they've been aired means something similar will come into being eventually. It will not stop nor cease expanding until enough of us stop bending over for them.

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
The 1983 Labour party manifesto (then headed by Michael Foot) was dubbed the 'Longest suicide note in history' by Gerald Kaufman [re-nationalising everything etc etc]

He lost by a landslide to Mrs Thatcher.

Can't help thinking that the 2010 general election will go down as the one that the Labour Party fought on a suicide note written over 5+ years.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The 1983 Labour party manifesto (then headed by Michael Foot) was dubbed the 'Longest suicide note in history' by Gerald Kaufman [re-nationalizing everything etc etc]

He lost by a landslide to Mrs Thatcher.

Can't help thinking that the 2010 general election will go down as the one that the Labour Party fought on a suicide note written over 5+ years.

Since 1997, which 5 year period did you wish taken in to account? :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:;)

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Since 1997, which 5 year period did you wish taken in to account? :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:;)

I Suppose I was being charitable (which is unlike me).

I therefore revise my comment to '13 years'

Thanks to Alex for pointing out the glaring error.

How many more months to go...?

Daz Of Naz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS500
Politics? It's all about moneymaking...
...for the politician.

On the news on Friday: Brown is on holiday, his deputy (is it Harriet Harman?) is also now on holiday, so if there are any problems PETER MANDLESON is in charge. The crook is in charge? I refer to the previous comment regarding the mafia!

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I prefer not to think about Brown, Harman, or Mandleson running the show...:shock:

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
It would seem that the City of Westminster now raises more revenue for its parking "services" than from the Council Tax, over £81 Million.

There, we can run successful business in the UK:rolleyes:

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I ever decide to take the government to court for being a bunch of jokers, I shall employ you Robert as my legal council given your recent successes:D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom