Newbi From Malvern

Frankc2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Convertible. C200
Hi guys,

Thought id pop on here and say hello. I am collecting my C Class Convertible, or Cabriolet if you prefer, next week. Got to admit they are beautiful cars and am really looking forward to seeing what all the boy's toys do.

Also found these forums an invaluable resource of information and enlightenment with regards to all thing Merc related. Hopefully, in time I can return the favour and put some input in myself.

Had a report done on the car so its still at the dealership getting paintwork done etc. I also checked the DVLA website to find this :-
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Outstanding recall found​

This vehicle has been recalled since at least 21 October 2021.

Contact a MERCEDES-BENZ dealership to arrange for repairs.

If you've had the recalled component repaired recently, it can take up to 3 weeks for the manufacturer to update their records.

This information is provided by the vehicle manufacturer. If you think the information is wrong, contact the vehicle manufacturer's dealership. Please do not contact the DVSA, as we are not able to change the recall status.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Does anyone know what this recall was for?

I look forward to many chats and many new friends. OH one last thing anyone going to the Classic Car Show at the NEC Birmingham from 12th to 14th November?

Frank :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Frank, welcome to the forum and the world of MB if this is your first MB

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

Petrol or diesel for the recall?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Hello and welcome

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hello and welcome to the forum

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Welcome. What's the model and age? If diesel and of a certain age , the recall may be the dreaded software update to correct the "anomalies in emissions" :rolleyes: and that opens up a can of worms and possibly your wallet....

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Welcome, Frank. :)

747skipper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK280 Elegance/2008/2996 now 2018 C 250d Cabriolet
Welcome Frank.
I love my C series cabriolet but some things will drive you crazy.
1:If you have keyless go then you don't have the "Open the boot" sensor for when your hands are full so you either have to find your key or use the switch in the drivers door which has to be held for a second or so before it registers, unlike the saloon.
2:Because the drive selector has been replaced by the useless trackpad/mouse whatever, you have another stalk on the crowded wheel to select forward or reverse. Enjoy thinking you are signalling right turn and actually selecting neutral!
3: You must apply the foot brake and start the engine to open the roof from inside, because you can't turn on the ignition far enough without starting the engine, but when you are moving you can open the roof. German logic

But it is great to drive and mine looks superb in metallic blue.

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Welcome. Nice part of the world, does the "Kebabulance" still operate in that area? Basically an old ambulance repurposed as a takeaway kebab van.

OP
F

Frankc2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blimey! Nicely overwhelmed with the responses.

Will try and answer all and in the order asked or commented on........

Yes this is my first Mercedes Benz :)

Diesel for the recall. (the dealership say its been done though, I asked)

Thanks, AJD, BLOBCAT, OOSLK, DAVIDSL500, SRDL, DAVID SL500, SMARTAMG, 747 SKIPPER, SAUSAGE, and anyone else that knows me, as they say on the radio.

It's a 2018 Petrol Class AMG Line premium plus.

Yes, I do have a keyless entry but was told I have an "autoboot" which I assumed (wrongly?) meant kick and it opens?

Know what you mean about the turning stalk. I could not see it. Had to poke my head around the corner to see it hidden. Though give it its due by the end of the test drive I was finding it without looking or thinking about it.

Slightly puzzled about the foot on the brake thing to open the roof. Do not remember having to do it. Though I have read you can open the roof from the keyfob?

Kebabulance. I seem to recall one going on the back road from Upton on Severn to Worcester, not seen it lately though.

Back to my new little car. Had it independently inspected and it threw up a few issues. Mainly paintwork. Being dealt with. After all that is done I should pick it up a week today.

Last thing ............ Thank you all for your responses. Made me feel welcome already. :):):cool:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Blimey! Nicely overwhelmed with the responses.

Will try and answer all and in the order asked or commented on........

Yes this is my first Mercedes Benz :)

Diesel for the recall. (the dealership say its been done though, I asked)

Thanks, AJD, BLOBCAT, OOSLK, DAVIDSL500, SRDL, DAVID SL500, SMARTAMG, 747 SKIPPER, SAUSAGE, and anyone else that knows me, as they say on the radio.

It's a 2018 Petrol Class AMG Line premium plus.

Yes, I do have a keyless entry but was told I have an "autoboot" which I assumed (wrongly?) meant kick and it opens?

Know what you mean about the turning stalk. I could not see it. Had to poke my head around the corner to see it hidden. Though give it its due by the end of the test drive I was finding it without looking or thinking about it.

Slightly puzzled about the foot on the brake thing to open the roof. Do not remember having to do it. Though I have read you can open the roof from the keyfob?

Kebabulance. I seem to recall one going on the back road from Upton on Severn to Worcester, not seen it lately though.

Back to my new little car. Had it independently inspected and it threw up a few issues. Mainly paintwork. Being dealt with. After all that is done I should pick it up a week today.

Last thing ............ Thank you all for your responses. Made me feel welcome already. :):):cool:
If it was a recall for Diesel and the dealership advise they’ve done it,:shock: yet your car is petrol… I’d take everything they say with a very large pinch of salt…

OP
F

Frankc2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply Blobcat. Good of you to take the time.

OP
F

Frankc2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I have had the car for over a week now, possibly two? Its been interesting to say the least.

Niggles? On the left of the steering are two levers. Short is the cruise control. The long one is an indicator. Visualize this. Just come down a long duel carriageway. Cruise set at 50mph. Go off at slip road. Approaching traffic lights. A car has pulled up in front. As I slow down I indicate right. But I dont. Instead I switch on cruise. So instead of breaking the car speeds up. Oh dear that was close I cry, or words to that effect. Next niggle. Navigation. "turn half left and keep right" ????? WTF by the time you have worked out what she means its too late. (WTF=Water the flowers of course)
Parktronic, park assist. Managed to do it 3 times so far but not as the videos say. Slowly drive past parking space. White arrow appears next to Blue P box. I push ok and all that happens is the instruments highlight what ever is between the two dials. Radio, nav etc what ever is up at the time. I have to select reverse then it asks me if want park tronic to park. Gives me no options front in or rear in first. According to Youtube Parktronic should choose the reverse, forward etc and it doesn't. I have to do it manually,.

Mercedes Me App sometimes brings up car status. Most times it does not. The car and myself are in the same spot each time. Sometimes it works someties not.

I think thats all the niggles I can think of for now.

But all in all its a beautiful car. Especially now I have given it the Frank treatment. Shines wonderfully. Having been detailed by me rather than a dirty cloth by a guy at the dealership who really does not care.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Welcome seems you are enjoying your new car?
I have only ever pressed the cruise lever when turning left, then it switches on Limit Speed. But just push the lever forward & its cancelled.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Gives me no options front in or rear in first. According to Youtube Parktronic should choose the reverse, forward etc and it doesn't. I have to do it manually,.

Mercedes Me App sometimes brings up car status. Most times it does not. The car and myself are in the same spot each time. Sometimes it works someties not.
My Parktronic only does reverse in. I suspect the video you have watched has a later version of the system from E or S Class.

Mercedes Me - sadly, sometimes a bit flaky depending on what’s happening on Mercedes' servers in Germany. Should usually work properly most of the time so, if you have problems, call Mercedes Me using the “ i “ button on the overhead console and get them to check it.

Otherwise, you will get used to the other little niggles. I still get the indicator stalk and cruise coneroli mixed up occasionally! And “turn left” when you are about to join a roundabout but actually are going to go right is still very annoying!

Last edited:

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Frankc Welcome from Kidderminster . Sounds like a very nice car .When you have time post a picture up so other members know just what the girl looks like .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom