Newbie: Advice on my first MB to be! E320 Cdi Sport

zoi

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I should be a proud owner of a merc soon. I need all the advice I can get as I have no knowledge with regards to MBs. I just sold my motorcycle as I'm about to get married and the wifey doesn't want to take a risk riding with me on the bike. I am looking at this E320 CDI sport in black.
This is what the dealer says:
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 45,850 miles. Black Metallic Black Leather 7 Speed Auto Comand APS x DVD Sat Nav Bi Xenon Parktronic 18 Alloy Whells Speed Sensitive PAS Radio 6 Stack System Electric Seats Drivers Memory Leather Steering Wheel Sports Pack MB Service History
Its a 2005

He's sasking for £16500. Is that a fair price?
All advice will be appreciated

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, thats a fine choice of car and a good year, that car looks to have a good spec

OP
Z

zoi

Reaction score
Thanks, television. Do you reckon the price is right?

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Sounds a touch expensive to me IMO, but not wildly so from dealers. I've just bought a 54 plate E320 CDI Avantgarde with panoramic roof with 27k miles for a LOT less as an ex-lease car and whilst looking with a budget of up to around £14k I saw many 54 plate cars available for that money so don't think a year newer is worth an extra £2500.

It sounds a great car and spec' and is 'better' than mine with the seven speed box.

If it's what you want, haven't seen anything else like it for the money and can afford it I'd say go for it. You will love it, guaranteed.

Have you price 'checked' it against all the usual places such as Auto-trader, better still Mercedes Direct (they knocked £1500 without flinching off an already reasonable sticker price of a C220 CDi Avantgarde estate I bought last year) and, to a lesser extent, even eBay to see what's sold for what recently?

P

PanzerMcGrory

Have to say for around that money you will pick up a facelifted model V6 with fewer miles and similar kit.

Are you sure its real leather as sports models are known to have dummy leather thrown in, wouldnt want you to suffer the indignity of not sitting on real leather ;)

OP
Z

zoi

Reaction score
I've looked at ebay, autotader and cargiant but there seem to b very few sports versions out there in black with black leather. Im not too fussy about the navigation as Ive head its not very user friendly

P

PanzerMcGrory

Why does it have to be a sport?
The facelifted V6 E280cdi advantgarde has nice alloys that fill the wheel arches nicely.

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
As said in previous post, check it's real leather and not the imitation 'Artico' (which is, despite being man-made, ****** realistic, well until your backside sweats anyway.....).

I would guess if dealer says it's leather it is but don't assume they actually know and/or aren't telling a little fib.....

Work on Avantgarde prices as indicator and factor a little bit more plus/minus as appropriate. Check on Parkers for the difference between the two models and use that difference as a guide when you check out the adverts for the closest comparable cars. Wouldn't have thought that much difference in the price.

Personally wouldn't pay too much more for any factory fit navigation system as a Tom-Tom, or such like is so cheap, does the same job just as well and can be taken out and used in other cars (and I even fit it to my motorbike as well).

OP
Z

zoi

Reaction score
Why does it have to be a sport?
The facelifted V6 E280cdi advantgarde has nice alloys that fill the wheel arches nicely.

The sport has a little more BHP and electric steering as standard and more sporty seats and hold better value during resale

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Looks nice. Are those genuine Merc' wheels, I've seen aftermarket one's that look identical to those?

As an independent trader is selling it I stick by my opinion though that it looks a touch overpriced to me. I think you're paying a premium for the updated engine/seven speed box and Sat Nav that may make it a bit rich, but that's just my tightwad view on matters!!!

P

PanzerMcGrory

The sport has a little more BHP and electric steering as standard and more sporty seats and hold better value during resale

Some people are under the impression "sport" means better performance when it doesnt its just a different trim level with firmer suspension and bigger alloys.

The engine in the sport is the same in other trims.

As i have said the alloys fill the arches in an advartgarde which also has firmer suspension.

And i definately think you could get better now i know its just a dealer selling from his house, no better than a private deal but costlier.

Again for that money you could get a facelifted V6 7 speed box with fewer miles which will hold its resale value better than a pre-facelifted model.

OP
Z

zoi

Reaction score
2006 56 Reg MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS E320 CDI AVANTGARDE [7] AUTO WITH SAT NAV VAT Q

Price:
£16,990

Features:

* 60,000 miles
* Automatic
* BUY NOW PAY JUNE
* Diesel
* Saloon
* 2987 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 60,000 miles, Metallic BUY NOW PAY JUNE. Adjustable steering column/wheel, Climate Control, Cruise control, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electrically adjustable seats, Immobiliser, Power assisted steering, Traction control, (NEW SHAPE), 17" alloy wheels, ABS Braking, Air-Conditioning, Automatic Transmission, Body Coloured Bumpers, centre armrest and rear headrests, diesel, Electric folding mirrors, facelift model, front and side airbags, front fog lamps, Full mercedes service history, hands free telephone kit, headlamp jetwash, Leather Gearknob, leather steering wheel, onboard computer, One Owner, remote locking alarm, satellite navigation, sports Suspension, Traction Control System, white dials, wood trim, xenon headlamps, CD Multichanger, Metallic paintwork, Multi function steering wheel, Navigation system, Radio/CD Multichanger. Insurance Group:17

What about this one PanzerMcGrory

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2006&vehicleRegLetter=56

Thank you for your time.

P

PanzerMcGrory

2006 56 Reg MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS E320 CDI AVANTGARDE [7] AUTO WITH SAT NAV VAT Q

Price:
£16,990

Features:

* 60,000 miles
* Automatic
* BUY NOW PAY JUNE
* Diesel
* Saloon
* 2987 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 60,000 miles, Metallic BUY NOW PAY JUNE. Adjustable steering column/wheel, Climate Control, Cruise control, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electrically adjustable seats, Immobiliser, Power assisted steering, Traction control, (NEW SHAPE), 17" alloy wheels, ABS Braking, Air-Conditioning, Automatic Transmission, Body Coloured Bumpers, centre armrest and rear headrests, diesel, Electric folding mirrors, facelift model, front and side airbags, front fog lamps, Full mercedes service history, hands free telephone kit, headlamp jetwash, Leather Gearknob, leather steering wheel, onboard computer, One Owner, remote locking alarm, satellite navigation, sports Suspension, Traction Control System, white dials, wood trim, xenon headlamps, CD Multichanger, Metallic paintwork, Multi function steering wheel, Navigation system, Radio/CD Multichanger. Insurance Group:17

What about this one PanzerMcGrory

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2006&vehicleRegLetter=56

Thank you for your time.

Im just giving my very humble opinion, im not a vetter of second hand cars !!!

I will drive anywhere for a good deal and drove 900 miles to get my present car so you are at an advantage living in the centre of england.

Have you not considered the 280cdi? its the same 3.0 V6 engine but more plentiful and i stil think you could get a lower mileage spec car.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom