Newbie and iPod Question

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C220 Sport CDI estate
Evening all.
Just signed up after picking up my first MB last week. Thought it was time for a change after owning VWs for the last 20 or so years..
I do have a question that’s more than likely been covered to death, so I apologise in advance. I have searched the forums, but just can’t find the answer I need, so hoping to pick someone’s brains.
I have a 160gb iPod classic/video which I’d like to connect to the car and navigate through albums etc using the cars controls. My 2012 c class has a media interface socket in the centre armrest. The audio manual makes reference to a cable kit with 3 leads. I figured I didn’t need all 3, so bought the iPod lead on its own on eBay part no A0028272104. When you connect it up, the iPod charges, but the device is not recognised. Do I have to correct lead for my car, and if not, which lead do I need? I’ve spent hours searching the web and other forums trying to find which lead will work and it seems a bit of a grey area.... many thanks
Steve

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Steve and welcome from another Steve.

Check Commandonline.co.uk or give them a call and they will tell you what you need. They are forum supporters and acknowledged experts on anything like this

OP
S

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply Steve. Just popped a mail off to them, see if they can shed any light...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simon barton

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class Estate AMG
Evening all.
Just signed up after picking up my first MB last week. Thought it was time for a change after owning VWs for the last 20 or so years..
I do have a question that’s more than likely been covered to death, so I apologise in advance. I have searched the forums, but just can’t find the answer I need, so hoping to pick someone’s brains.
I have a 160gb iPod classic/video which I’d like to connect to the car and navigate through albums etc using the cars controls. My 2012 c class has a media interface socket in the centre armrest. The audio manual makes reference to a cable kit with 3 leads. I figured I didn’t need all 3, so bought the iPod lead on its own on eBay part no A0028272104. When you connect it up, the iPod charges, but the device is not recognised. Do I have to correct lead for my car, and if not, which lead do I need? I’ve spent hours searching the web and other forums trying to find which lead will work and it seems a bit of a grey area.... many thanks
Steve

I have had an alarming number of Infotainment issues on a 2017 Jaguar XF that has culminated in the vehicle being returned to the manufacturer and all outlay refunded. I am awaiting an e class AMG Estate as a replacement...

I had an Ipod Classic that was rendered utterly useless in the Jag after SIX years trouble free use in two Volvo V60's. I had to sell on ebay and bought an Ipod Touch 6th Generation but I gave up on this as it kept freezing (nothing to do with the weather). At least Mercs have Apple Car Play which I suspect will be infinitely better.

OP
S

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have had a response from command, the lead I bought was the wrong one. I need the lead that comes in the pack of 3. I’m not paying £70 for a lead, think I’ll just buy a usb pen drive and transfer my music onto it...
No idea which MB models my lead will work on... part no A0028272104 if anybody has any ideas?

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
I bought one on its own for my iPod Classic from Ebay a month ago as in my 2012 MB, it was (typically) the only one of the three that didn't come with it.

Paid £5, so keep looking, they are out there on their own

OP
S

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The problem is knowing which one is the right one. The sellers on eBay don’t seem to know. According to reply I got from command there are 7-8 different types of iPod leads....
Did you say yours is a 2012 model and you have the iPod working? What’s the part no on your lead?

OP
S

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the link...
I just can’t be sure that it’s the correct lead though. There’s a few of the 3 lead kits on eBay, a couple I’ve seen where the iPod lead has the same part number as the one I have...
I could ask the seller what the part number of the lead is, but even if it’s different, I still can’t be sure it’s the right one. It’s just pot luck...
I think unless I want to shell out £70+ for a lead I can be certain will be compatible with my car, I’m gonna have to buy a usb pen drive (which is cheaper) and spend an afternoon transferring my music onto it. At least that way I know it will work...

Thanks again

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom