Newbie asks should I buy a Vaneo

Daveb06

Reaction score
I want to join the MB club but my problem is I'm very tall and my daughters are tall also I wanted to buy a vito van but wife won't have it so I thought the solution would be a Vaneo but don't know any Merc owners who knows anything about them or anyone who owns/or has owned one, so what are the pros and cons of a vaneo.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I want to join the MB club but my problem is I'm very tall and my daughters are tall also I wanted to buy a vito van but wife won't have it so I thought the solution would be a Vaneo but don't know any Merc owners who knows anything about them or anyone who owns/or has owned one, so what are the pros and cons of a vaneo.

Never thought i would say this, but dont!!

Unless you have a good bank account!!!

OP
D

Daveb06

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome S-a-m/u-n-i-t and the advice, are they that bad? a guy is selling a 04 with 4300 miles, 2 0wners claims everything is working fine (as expected) never had any problems, if a Vaneo is a no-no what would you recommend I buy, I have @ £4000 to spend.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
If it only has 4300 miles on it for that price then, yes, buy it!!

Thats cheap!!

orri95

Reaction score
Don't read my threads as you will be really put off!!!I've since found out that gear box are a common prob with the vaneo wish i had of joined this before we brought now!!:(

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
For £4K you should get a really nice W124 ( late 1980's/early1990's E Class saloon or estate ) they have plenty of legroom and headroom (try sitting in one and see how you get on) . You would probably also find a W210 (the later model that replaced the W124) within that price range , but beware that some of these later cars suffered from corrosion , many have been subject to warranty work for this , and that your £4K won't buy you such a nice example as a top example of the earlier model .

You would also get a very nice W126 or W140 S Class for that sort of money - these are even bigger , roomier and safer cars - and lovely to drive !

Top Bottom