newbie few questions

Evolution22

Reaction score
Hi I have a 07 Merc E220 CDI classic

And I have a few questions

Whats the best oil and wieght to use, And how many Liters go in the car?

At how many miles should one change/check the gearbox oil (auto)?

Does the E220 have a timeing belt or chain? And if belt at what stage do i change?

my car has 26,xxx k on the clock, When shall I service it? I just got the car and I have no service records, So don't know whats been done.

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
there is a specific oil spec (229.51 I think) and its about 6.5 litres, but the hanbook will say for sure. The car should let you know when it needs a top up, there should also be a dipstick on this years car. MB advise a one off auto box oil change around 37k miles I believe, and its a chain (not belt) driven cam. Not sure where you are (UK)?, but the local MB dealer should confiirm the service history, as its all held on their system - I didnlt even get a stamp in the service book last time!
. I suspect you have fixed servicing at 15k or 1 year, go through the trip computer and you will find ouit when the service due

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It all as carabind has said.

The only thing is that sometimes only the garage that serviced it will give you that info, but they should tell you who did any service work.

Welcome to the forum

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom