Newbie from North Yorkshire

daveyorks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 c class sport 2.1
H Guys and Girls,

i have just bought my first Mercedes(2010 c250 sport cdi saloon) which I really like, the parking brake is taking a bit of getting used to!

can anyone tell me where I can get a front right fog light from for mine as the lens is cracked. different websites/ebay sellers are telling me different ones and its given me a headache!!

once I have get the fog light sorted and a detailing session I will add some pics.my friends say I have ocd as I like my cars to be spotless!!!

regards Dave

Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Morning Dave and welcome.

The parking brake does take a bit of getting used to and they tend not to get used too often. Mine never did on my last one and only does on my current one as it's now electronic/automatic.

As for the fog light, I'd try your local dealer first (Harrogate?) as they may just surprise you with price. If not at least they'll give you the correct part number.

We like pictures, and there are lots of people on here who tend to be a bit obsessive with their cars. :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome. Nice part of the country - I used to live near Great Ayton a fair few years ago and a friend lived near Inglebrough. Lovely.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, it’s always good to try MB Grangemouth for your fog light too, 01324 686002 speak to Steven and have your VIN number handy then you’re guaranteed the correct part. They are forum supporters so will discount nicely.
As with Daveenty the parking brake is a bit ‘odd’ but mine also is only ever used if I park on a slope and that’s not often!

OP
daveyorks

daveyorks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 c class sport 2.1
Thanks for the welcome and advice guys

I live in a village near Helmsley so some people might of heard of it!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Dave. welcome to the forum, lovely part of the world, we love North Yorkshire. We were only in Helmsley last October, rented a cottage in Rosedale ! :)

OP
daveyorks

daveyorks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 c class sport 2.1
Rosedale with the little hill!!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Welcome buddy , Never apologise for being car obsessive :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Thanks for the welcome and advice guys

I live in a village near Helmsley so some people might of heard of it!
Know it well.
Its a great area - used to love going up to Blakey Ridge :)

P

peterdh

Welcome. There are many Mercs in North Yorkshire but their owners seem not to frequent this forum too much.

Depends which side of Helmsley you are but a further option, as far as service and repairs are concerned, is Steve Magson at SM Autocare in Pickering. Steve has been working on Mercs since he was an apprentice in the 70's and set up on his own when the dealership in Pickering closed. Probably much better than travelling to York or Harrogate, depending on your actual location. Here is a link to SM Autocare http://www.smautocare.co.uk/

MB Harrogate and MB York were both taken over ny JCT600 group a couple of years or so ago and standards seem to have slipped if the rumour mill is to be believed, so try them for your fog lamp or have a word with Grangemouth as suggested. Richard Hollings used to be the service manager at MB Harrogate (and York?) before setting up on his own.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom