Newbie Help Please! W220 CD Changer Wiring Loom

hbk29

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2001
Hi Guys

I hope you're all well and will bear with me whilst I ask a question!

I've recently bought a beautiful S320 on a 2001 Y plate... Immaculate, 50k miles, very chuffed apart from the lack of audio options!

I've no CD Changer fitted but wanted to know if it is likely that the wiring loom is already pre-wired and in situ?

Does anybody know if this is the case and if so, where would I start looking for the loom?

The final question would be if it's possible to pick up a changer?

Any help very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

P

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Welcome :)

MB weren't hot on including looms for options not fitted at the factory. It's unlikely to be there. Changers come up on ebay or you can buy from MB or from comand online, who can also install for you

OP
H

hbk29

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2001
Welcome :)

MB weren't hot on including looms for options not fitted at the factory. It's unlikely to be there. Changers come up on ebay or you can buy from MB or from comand online, who can also install for you

Thanks for the prompt reply. Any ideas if it's a big job to fit?

P

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
in a word, yes

you have to string the fibre optic lead, and the wake-up wiring all the way from the lhs of the boot, to the dash centre. under seats, carpets, through bulkheads. A real masochist's delight.

You could just take the easy way out, and for about the same money, fit an mp40 player.

search on here for mp 40 and see what pops up.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom