Newbie on board

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Good day folks, I do not as yet have the E350 CDi AMG that I claim in my profile introduction, however, my main reason for joining is, to research that car as much as possible prior to purchase, and, who better than you owners, to answer my questions?
I hope the car lives up to the hype as, I have had to wait a long time to be in the position to buy one. Being a humble van driver has meant having patience, at least until the mortgage had been paid off, at last I am free!
My main interest is in the Diesel variant, I love the low down grunt that diesel provides and of course the economy.
I'm really looking forward to the chat and finding out all I can, and need to know about the car before purchase. :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome. I'm totally the wrong person to talk to about diesels but I'm sure someone else will be along to help soon!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome Jimbo, lots on here with that engine will advise, Little like LK I have the wrong engine ideas....:p

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well as much as I enjoy a good N/A petrol engine there's just something about a turbo diesel that does it for me. I've had VWG , PSA Group cars and I love a warm hatch diesel, particularly the Skoda Fabia's and the VW Golf's.
I just think it's time for an adults car, lol. Now that I'm knocking on the door of the big 6-0, finally (now that the Bank is off my back) I can afford a Mercedes. It needs to have a bit of get up and go and now a days I'll accept reasonable handling rather than razor sharp. My body can't take the punishment razor sharp handling can dish out these days. :shock: :D
I will get acquainted with the search button, lol.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
get a coupe 350 and have a map installed , pretty much all the car you will ever need pal , oh and 'welcome' to the forum

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
get a coupe 350 and have a map installed , pretty much all the car you will ever need pal , oh and 'welcome' to the forum
Thanks, that's the plan tbh, I just want to know what to look out for and learn as much about them as possible. I thought each car was an "A", a "C" or an "E" class but I see that there are subsequent "W" class numbers for most/all?? How/where do I find out which category the E350 CDi Sport falls into please?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
An early E class was a w124, superceded by w210, w211,w212 and latest is w213.
C classes go w202, 203,204 and 205 for the latest. Essentially the W (other letters are also used) denotes the model of E class (as in its vintage).

Other letters used are S (estate), R (roadster) and C (coupe).

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Jimbo, welcome to the forum and the MB experience :)

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An early E class was a w124, superceded by w210, w211,w212 and latest is w213.
C classes go w202, 203,204 and 205 for the latest. Essentially the W (other letters are also used) denotes the model of E class (as in its vintage).

Other letters used are S (estate), R (roadster) and C (coupe).

Thanks very much, my education in all things Mercedes proceeds. :geek:

The W124 was the first Mercedes I really paid any attention to, a friend had one and it opened my eyes to what wonderful cars Mercedes made. At the time my children were very young and I was (relatively speaking) heavily mortgaged therefore, ownership was financially out of the question sadly.
"Everything comes to he who waits" was one of my Dad's favourite maxim's, I think I've waited long enough. So, a wee bit of research (a lot really, lol) and then making a choice from what's available and I'll (at long last) join the ranks.

Last edited:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom