Newbie W204 C350 Petrol Estate - self service?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Someone said the other day they picked one up from the MB dealers for £50 (saving postage/delivery costs ) .
We need to verify if that’s possible from all dealerships

That is ridiculously cheap

OP
M

MarinB17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Petrol MY12 Estate
Wow, cheap. Might get that and do the Mrs's Golf too. Should do a couple of changes for both.

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Nice motor there! MB Grangemouth for parts or Newcasle as tuthers' have mentioned. Also, Grangemouth deliver for free to any Arnold Clark branch! Nice guys with good discounts plus you know you're getting genuine bits.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice motor there! MB Grangemouth for parts or Newcasle as tuthers' have mentioned. Also, Grangemouth deliver for free to any Arnold Clark branch! Nice guys with good discounts plus you know you're getting genuine bits.

They can't deliver Oil though, you have to pick it up from a dealership - their courier classes it as a dangerous liquid.

OP
M

MarinB17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Petrol MY12 Estate
I emailed MB customer services.

They tell me there was only 52 of these petrol C350 facelift cars made, making this incredibly rare as most would be coupes.

These we probably ordered on spec, I suspect there was very few demonstrators around.

I'm getting 32 MPG which is frankly amazing for a 306bhp estate car.

My stop-start is not working (no light on button, no messages or icons) either, need to investigate this.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm getting 32 MPG which is frankly amazing for a 306bhp estate car.

You are clearly not trying hard enough ;);););););)

My stop-start is not working (no light on button, no messages or icons) either, need to investigate this.

Needs plugging into STAR to diagnose properly

OP
M

MarinB17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Petrol MY12 Estate
I got an icarsoft mb and plugged it in, fault code from Brake vacuum sensor.

I assume that's why my stop start doesn't work as its one of the sensors used for that.

Will pick up a replacement - anyone know where it is? I assume on or around brake booster / master cylinder.

Icarsoft doesn't seem to do radar blind spot though, might have to actually drop the bumper and check the sensors as it does occasionally work

OP
M

MarinB17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Petrol MY12 Estate
Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 15.34.05.png

A0075420318 found it. B03 = stop start system

Now to sort the radar blind spot, I had a quick look and the sensors are plastered with muck inside the rear bumper! surprised theres no protection for these!

Oh and my oil service is 20 days overdue now, must get my finger out.

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Hi Marin,

Welcome to the forum... and nice to see another 350 petrol head on here! Is that a regular 350 or is it the CGI variant?

I broke the first rule of car buying and bought the car unseen 300 miles away after speaking to the owner on the phone. Transferred the money the same day with no escrow. I then had it delivered by someone I had never met. :eek:

But it all worked out (I think). If anyone needs a car moving quickly and efficiently for less than £1 a mile I can heartily recommend the guy I used he works across the country for dealerships and private customers.

I thought I had balls buying a 190k mile-er after only a cursory inspection.. turns out you might have bigger ones than me :laugh
£1 per mile seems nice. I will surely keep him in mind.

Fancy sharing his details for later on here?

Conor

OP
M

MarinB17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Petrol MY12 Estate
Hi Marin,

Welcome to the forum... and nice to see another 350 petrol head on here! Is that a regular 350 or is it the CGI variant?

I thought I had balls buying a 190k mile-er after only a cursory inspection.. turns out you might have bigger ones than me :laugh
£1 per mile seems nice. I will surely keep him in mind.

Fancy sharing his details for later on here?

Conor

When I spoke to the seller I knew it was a go-er and the car is so rare I might never see another.

Ant delivered it for me: https://www.antsautomobiles.co.uk/on trade plates.

Not sure if its CGI? How do I tell?!

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When I spoke to the seller I knew it was a go-er and the car is so rare I might never see another.

Ant delivered it for me: https://www.antsautomobiles.co.uk/on trade plates.

Not sure if its CGI? How do I tell?!

Cool.. yea they are rare alright. I remember humming and hawing about buying mine. It had 190k miles but was willing to punt as I do small miles.

My one says CGI on the right had side at the rear, where is usually says "CDI" on diesels.

OP
M

MarinB17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Petrol MY12 Estate
Cool.. yea they are rare alright. I remember humming and hawing about buying mine. It had 190k miles but was willing to punt as I do small miles.

My one says CGI on the right had side at the rear, where is usually says "CDI" on diesels.

Mine has 96k and its like new really, virtually no interior wear and not knocks or noises from the suspension.

I do maybe 6k a year, but for me the risk of DPFs and blocked EGRs on an ageing car are not attractive, and the fuel cost difference is little at those miles.

I think that there must have been few demonstrators to get sales as on paper the 350 CDI makes such great sense - more torque and less tax. However thats missing the point and buyers missed out on a such a glorious petrol engine, that is really VERY efficient - I'm getting 32mpg and the official figure is 38mpg.

No it doesn't say CGI. I think the first variant M276 (288hp) was badged CGI but the second version from 2011 (302hp) was not badged this way. CGI = Charged Gasoline Injection https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M276_engine

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mine has 96k and its like new really, virtually no interior wear and not knocks or noises from the suspension.

I do maybe 6k a year, but for me the risk of DPFs and blocked EGRs on an ageing car are not attractive, and the fuel cost difference is little at those miles.

I think that there must have been few demonstrators to get sales as on paper the 350 CDI makes such great sense - more torque and less tax. However thats missing the point and buyers missed out on a such a glorious petrol engine, that is really VERY efficient - I'm getting 32mpg and the official figure is 38mpg.

No it doesn't say CGI. I think the first variant M276 (288hp) was badged CGI but the second version from 2011 (302hp) was not badged this way. CGI = Charged Gasoline Injection https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M276_engine

Ah ok, that would explain you have the M276 engine, which looks like doesn't have CGI. Good for you.. I think it made my engine a little more difficult to work on.. I need to buy two special tools to change the spark plugs..just for my specific engine.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom