Newbie who needs some help

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ The second black car looks a nice example. I like the lighter interior on this car.
Guess it also depends on whether the OP prefers petrol or diesel?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Hi Lee - welcome! I like E Class cars but I bought my '07 C Estate back in 2013 and it's been a sturdy trooper so for the moment I'm sticking. That's the thing about MBs - of course there are some who change frequently but I'm always pleasantly surprised how many people get "comfortable" and stick with what they went for.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Lee and welcome. I'm a bit late to this thread but definitely go for the 350. I had eight years and 67k very happy miles out of mine. Would happily have had another one except that petrol seemed better for my needs now (but still got a V6 ;))

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
^ The second black car looks a nice example. I like the lighter interior on this car.
Guess it also depends on whether the OP prefers petrol or diesel?
Yea I like the black one to it’s a nice car

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Wow both great finds there mate thank you I like the black one would you not be put off with buying private tho as no warranty with the car like you get from a dealer

To be honest no, I can’t be put off,we all know what means 3-6 months warranty (in my opinion). The car was advertised having full mercedes history, easy to check, easy to check MOT history (how many times and reasons of failing the MOT etc.) . Ask the seller if he’s ok to check the car with your garage, from there it’s your decision. I can post here MOT history if you want.To be honest, I like the first one, maybe I’m biased because of the colour, same like my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
To be honest no, I can’t be put off,we all know what means 3-6 months warranty (in my opinion). The car was advertised having full mercedes history, easy to check, easy to check MOT history (how many times and reasons of failing the MOT etc.) . Ask the seller if he’s ok to check the car with your garage, from there it’s your decision. I can post here MOT history if you want.To be honest, I like the first one, maybe I’m biased because of the colour, same like my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
Ok I get what you mean dealer vs private is not really much difference in them at all I do like the the colour of the first car, not seen one that colour before. But your right very easy to check the history of the car with the mot side of things and that. I’ll contact them today even tho there like 4 hours away from me the trip just might be worth it lol

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
The 265bhp version of the 350cdi engine is the better car >2011 it also has the upgraded 7.229+ gearbox

That’s true, but nothing within his budget with relatively low mileage on the market, most of them are more than 100k on the clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Hi thanks malcom I did find this car the other day I really do like it I might call the dealer and see if he will drop to my budget. So I take it the 234bhp engines are not really that good compared to the 264bhp ones

MB had a problem with throttle lag on take-off with the early 231bhp engine and gearbox this was resolved with the introduction of the 265bhp engine and 7.229 plus gearbox so this is the car to look for and they are appearing in your price range. The gearbox oil requires changing at 75k miles on 7.229 plus box so make sure this has been done.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi thanks malcom I did find this car the other day I really do like it I might call the dealer and see if he will drop to my budget. So I take it the 234bhp engines are not really that good compared to the 264bhp ones
Mine was 231bhp and I was very happy with the way that drove but then I never drove a 265bhp one!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The only other issue to be aware of is that the OM642 can suffer oil cooler seal leaks, the cooler sits at the bottom of the engine vee and is difficult to inspect with all the engine breathing/fuelling apparatus above but an oil leak where the gearbox mates with the engine which can be seen from underneath can be a sign - quite pricey to fix circa £750 (90% of which is labour)

ps they are great cars but better to go in with your eyes open so don’t be put off but do be diligent these cars can bite you on the ar** especially when you are on a budget

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Welcome to the forum, great to see many new members joining the fun. Stick around!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
The only other issue to be aware of is that the OM642 can suffer oil cooler seal leaks, the cooler sits at the bottom of the engine vee and is difficult to inspect with all the engine breathing/fuelling apparatus above but an oil leak where the gearbox mates with the engine which can be seen from underneath can be a sign - quite pricey to fix circa £750 (90% of which is labour)

ps they are great cars but better to go in with your eyes open so don’t be put off but do be diligent these cars can bite you on the ar** especially when you are on a budget

99,.999% is labour - for a seal which cost a few quid if that.

Dont let that put you off, OM642 is still a good engine, the orange air manifold - turno seals should be a service item, easily replaced if you are handy.

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass

Ok thank buddy do the oil sill still go on the 264bhp engines and when I go to look for one I’ll keep my eyes open.can they go at any certain mileage or they just go if you know what I mean. And that’s not to bad a price I do have money put away for any certain repairs that pop up so not to worried about that to be honest. And thanks for all your help

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Welcome to the forum, great to see many new members joining the fun. Stick around!
Thanks mate I plan to I’m overwhelmed by the help I’ve been getting

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
99,.999% is labour - for a seal which cost a few quid if that.

Dont let that put you off, OM642 is still a good engine, the orange air manifold - turno seals should be a service item, easily replaced if you are handy.
I’ve got my heart set on one now I won’t let anything deter me to be honest was looking at a Ford foucus within my budget then see a a eclass and though wow what a better car I can get for the same money

Top Bottom