Newbie with a Vito

SpookyPup

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 111cdi feb09
Hi all

We have a vito 111cdi (compact) that has been converted into a camper van with pop top roof - partly by us. We are wanting to fit a fiamma awning and privacy room. Anyone else got one and what size fiamma can fit to the vito compact? It's getting really confusing as we have been told different sizes from different people

Last edited:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I'm not familiar with the Fiamma, but I went for this last year,
http://www.khyam.co.uk/shop/motordome-quick-erect/tailgate-xl/

We leave the awning in place, zipped up and drive away for the day.

I screwed 2 s/s dome head bolts (cut down some) into the rear roof threads, there for roof bars. A loop of bungee on the top of the awning canopy just goes over the bolts after reversing to the correct position. The bottom of the canopy comes forward to the rear wheel arches and 2 ground spikes hold that in place.
Over night we tend to leave the tail gate open and sleep in the back of the van. Loo and cooking gear are left in the awning.

We have the ex long Vito and the awning more than doubles the accomodation space.
We haven't used the clip in bed pod, but it could be handy for a privacy area.

OP
S

SpookyPup

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 111cdi feb09
Thanks, I tried a Kyham quick erect motordome but I go away a lot on my own and have problems with my neck and shoulders. I just couldn't put it up on my own

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom