Newbie with " No Mag." problem.

bcif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blue CLK 320 convertable.
Firstly hi to all,
I've got a CLK 320 with the cd changer in the boot. The face panel says I've "No Mag." in the changer but I can see it and can't eject it. Could anyone offer any ideas please,

Thanks,
bcif

A

andy@pcd-ltd

It sounds like the cd changer has packed up.
One thing you could try is remove it disconnect the power from it for a few minutes and then see what happens when you plug it back in

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes as Willow,,power down, then up again, this is the first thing to try

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
If you can't eject the CD magazine then the changer has lost power and hence the "No Mag" message. Usually these problems are caused by a break in the cable between the head unit and the changer.

Typically this is where the cable passes under the rear seats and into the boot.

OP
B

bcif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blue CLK 320 convertable.
Thanks to all who replied. Will take the unit out and try your ideas.
Bill

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
I encountered this problem too and advice was to get a new magazine! Its a cheap option. I get an erratic no Mag reading too, but its possible to prise the magazine out. I noticed the no Mag was happening if I was playing cdrs or had an empty slot in the magazine.

dessacai

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 '00
I encountered this problem too and advice was to get a new magazine! Its a cheap option.

Hi, just got a 320 w208, I'm missing the mag completely from the multi cd, where can I get a replacement, and how much am I looking at? Ta!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom